|January 16, 2023
About the Job
This position provides support for the Office of Human Resources with specific focus on business processes using the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management system.
30%- Peer Leadership
* Supports team in planning and executing work to meet department goals.
* Provides mentoring, training, and project/Agile team leadership.
20%- Analysis and functional design
* Analyze, document, and streamline complex business processes for human resources.
* Proactively develop relationships with internal business partners.
* Partner with HR Business Process Owners and system users to elicit and document requirements.
* Author and review detailed business and technical functional design documents used to communicate business requirements to the technology development team.
20%- Facilitate and execute testing
* Facilitate, support, design, and execute integration and system test plans.
* Partner with Business Process owners and subject matter experts across modules to test system enhancements and updates.
* Serve as a positive change driver within the HRMS team, within OHR, and across the University
20%- Production support
* Provide system support to ensure that the PeopleSoft HCM application is operational to the University's business.
* Troubleshoot, analyze, detect, identify and correct problems and deficiencies.
* Perform configuration and set up in the HCM solution.
* Support messaging, integrations, and batch scheduling.
* Develops user procedures, guidelines and training documentation as needed.
* Maintain applicable service level agreements.
10%- Support ad hoc business needs
* Manage data requests from business partners.
* Execute cyclical processes.
* Provide mentorship for Tier 2 team members.
* BA/BS degree plus four (4) years of work experience in the areas of business or systems process analysis or master's degree plus two (2) years of experience.
* Four (4) or more years of experience in PeopleSoft HCM systems.
* Experience with at least two PeopleSoft HCM modules.
* Experience in PeopleSoft HCM version 9.2 and the dependencies with between modules within HCM and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
* Experience with testing PeopleSoft PUM images, critical patches and tax updates.
* Experience in working with data systems and reporting in a higher education environment.
* Experience using query tools including PeopleSoft Query and SQL.
* Experience using HP Quality Center.
* Excellent communication skills - both written and oral, including communicating technology related concepts effectively with technically proficient and non-technically proficient individuals. Ability to determine appropriate times and methods for communications.
* Ability to work collaboratively with people with a variety of backgrounds including business representatives from across the University, technology resources from IT, and business process owners.
* Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills.
* Proficiency in conducting analysis of human resources business processes and recommending improvements or efficiencies.
* Project management experience or education
Working at the University
At the University of Minnesota, you'll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.
The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
* Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
* Continuous learning opportunities through professional training and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents Scholarship
* Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
* Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
* University HSA contributions
* Disability and employer-paid life insurance
* Employee wellbeing program
* Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
* Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
* Financial counseling services
* Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling at no cost
Please visit the Office of Human Resources website for more information regarding benefits.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons. To learn more please visit: safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/get-the-vax
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.