|Published||September 13, 2022|
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Director or designee, the Senior PeopleSoft Developer functions in all phases of applications development. This position is responsible for the analysis of user needs, software and database design, programming and life cycle development of all business and clinical applications. The Senior PeopleSoft Developer will work with other engineers in the design and development of software applications that support the demands of UMMS academic, research and business needs. They may also manage the evaluation and research of 3rd party software and conduct feasibility studies to determine appropriate solutions. They will communicate well with the user through all phases of development and support. Performs duties in a manner consistent with a complex, diverse, dynamic hardware and software environment and serves a complex medical/education community. This position requires an experience developer that is in touch with new trends and is very familiar with rapid development. The position requires individuals to be dedicated, detail oriented, organized, independent, responsible and accountable.
* Lead the efforts to plan, design, develop and launch efficient systems and solutions in support of core organizational functions.
* Provides mentoring and knowledge transfer to Application Engineers including providing input to code reviews, training and developing staff. Supports business process, problem analysis and consultation.
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, dynamic priorities
* Provide hands-on technical solutions to business challenges & translates them into process/technical solutions
* Experience in formal Quality Review process, including but not limited to, instructing, directing, mentoring, and reviewing other team members required.
* Ability to ensure SDLC methodology is followed, including conducting inspections and post implementation reviews required.
* Document, and maintain application.
* Work directly with the user and/or vendors to articulate and document user application needs.
* Lead in the development of functional specifications, which articulate clearly and completely all project deliverables consistent with user expectations and vendor/third party needs.
* Interpret requirements, performs complex analysis and present recommendations to obtain desired results.
* Manage the development and maintenance of proper technical and user documentation for each system in a consistent and structured manner.
* Ensure quality control through testing and debugging software for accuracy, completeness, and system integrity.
* Interact effectively (verbally, written, etc.) with users, vendors, and management to ensure delivery and use of application is consistent with agreed upon project goals.
* Supervise and direct staff as assigned. Participate in recruiting and staff performance reviews as assigned.
* Continue development of skills and expertise in present and emerging technologies by participating in formal training when possible and by independent self-teaching and tutorials.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 7 years of technical experience in PeopleSoft products like HR, Finance, CRM, Campus Solutions etc.
* Proficient knowledge in the following tools
* Designer Tools - Fluid Development, Application Designer, Peoplecode, Application Packages
* Data Management Tools - Application Engine, Data Mover, ExceltoCI
* Reporting Tools - Pivot grids, XML Publisher, PS Query, SQR
* Integration Tools - Component Interface, Integration Broker
* Application and Tool Version - 9.2 and 8.58+
* Experience with newer features like Homepages, Activity guides, Tiles etc.
* Expertise with Web Services, Rest API's
* PeopleSoft Security
* Complete understanding of PeopleSoft Internet Architecture
* Experience in working in scrum/agile methodologies
* Knowledge of STAT, Oracle Database
* Solid interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with people of all levels of information technology expertise and comfort in varied organizational relationships.
* Experience converting functional requirements into technical requirements
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Excellent problem-solving skills required.