|November 25, 2023
|Santa Ana, CA
Title: Sr. PeopleSoft Business Analyst - HCM (Core HR and Benefits)
Location: Fountain Valley, CA / Remote
Department: IS Enterprise Business Systems
Status: Full Time
Pay Range*: $117,852.80 - $170,851.20
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare.Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability.Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The PeopleSoft team supports MemorialCare's ongoing enhanced use of the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financials and Supply Chain Management (FSCM) modules. The appropriate candidates must possess advanced experience working in one of the two modules in PeopleSoft HCM/FSCM current version and be able to support an upgrade to the next release of either PeopleSoft HCM or FSCM. In these roles they will create technical documentation, develop technical system and program designs, design testing requirements and/or reporting requirements.
The Sr. PeopleSoft Business Analyst - HCM is a key contributor to systems implementation, enhancement and maintenance projects. They work with business owners from various business context, to gather and document PeopleSoft requirements, as well as help Developers with testing and obtaining end user acceptance criteria. They provide analytical support in the conceptualization, development, and implementation of complex system projects, as well as utilize system information and expertise of all parameters affecting and interfacing with the system to any other outside systems. They work to confirm or eliminate alternative solutions to escalated IS or business problems and decisions. Sr. PeopleSoft Business Analyst - HCM use and apply business principles and concepts to make recommendations for solving business process and technology issues.
As a senior resource, the Sr. PeopleSoft Business Analyst - HCM makes contributions that are critical to successful business operations and may coordinate the activities of other cross functional team members. They provide functional/technical supervision of other employees in related classifications as well as act as an applications expert and assume training responsibilities as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Works to enhance and improve business processes with automation
- Participate in pilot preparation
- Contribute to functionality and process design
- Assist team members and mentor other staff as applicable
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes
- Analyze business needs and determines PeopleSoft functional designs
- Analyze system requests and recommend appropriate solutions
- Drive the teams to adopt best practice
- Develop PeopleSoft - HCM test cases and assists in system validation
- Provide PeopleSoft end user support working to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Determine how PeopleSoft functionality can best be utilized at MemorialCare
- Act as user liaison between departments
- Stay current with customer needs and strategies
- Be at work and be on time
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Prioritize and multitask
*Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare-that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there's more... Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- Minimum 7 years' experience with PeopleSoft HCM current version with general business analysis, system analysis and design, or infrastructure design/development/support.
- Demonstrated experience supporting time-critical business processes, providing system production support including responding to help desk tickets and monitoring and troubleshooting batch processes, and maintaining system setup and configurations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize business requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes.
- Proven success identifying ways to increase Software adoption and overall customer satisfaction.
- Recognized ability to assess business processes and system inefficiencies and proactive in identifying improvement opportunities.
- Experience with PeopleSoft 9.2 or greater and live production support.
- Achieved functional expertise in one or more of the following PeopleSoft modules: Payroll, Core HR, Payroll NA, Base Benefits and Employee Self Service.
- Proven ability to successfully interact with business and HR associates as a team player to complete ad-hoc special projects.
- Demonstrated ability to use PS Query to pull and review data for aiding in trouble shooting issues.
- Demonstrated strong and effective oral and written communicative skills for both technical and non-technical audiences. Proven researching abilities that translate to functional specification development.
- Proven strong project manager with the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point; demonstrated strong relationship building skills and communication skills.
- Lead analysis and design as an analysts role in 9.2 PUM upgrades.
- High School diploma or GED required; associate or bachelor's degree preferred