Senior PeopleSoft Developer with Security Clearance
|Published||May 21, 2023|
Title: Senior PeopleSoft Developer/Engineer
Location: Reston, VA
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/polygraph Job Description:
The Oracle National Security Group is seeking senior consultants that have a passion for software development supporting a number of exciting customer facing engagements. Those who excel in this role are motivated self-starters who love to solve challenging problems and feel comfortable working directly with customers on innovative internal development teams. This role is an integral part of an elite team with diverse skill sets that design and delivers unique solutions that integrate a wide variety of Oracle commercial hardware, software, and cloud technology into secure, mission critical solutions for our government customers. Coding skills are required. As part of the consulting team, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple projects and customers, share your knowledge and insights, learn the latest and greatest technology innovations, and have the freedom and autonomy to put your creative technical talents to work. About the role: Oracle’s National Security Group is seeking consultants with Oracle Peoplesoft application development and/or administration experience for a NEW PeopleSoft HCM implementation. The role provides Peoplesoft software/system development consulting services at client location. Those who excel in this role are motivated self-starters who love to solve challenging problems and are comfortable working directly with customers and executive leadership. This role is an integral part of an elite team of life-long learners with diverse skill sets:
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers, executive leaders, and team members.
• Ability to assess the high-level architectural design, research potential implementation road maps, and conduct feasibility assessments.
• Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills for design, creation and testing of software.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Deep PeopleTools knowledge across the toolset, with experience to make recommendations for low cost and long-term maintenance, some functional HCM knowledge required.
• Excellent PeopleTools development skills for customizations and bolt-ons including portal pages, work centers, workflow and approval, event mapping, notifications, page and field configurator.
• Design and develop PeopleSoft portal pages, user work centers, workflow notification and approval functions, solutions using Page and Field Configurator, Event Mapping.
• Design, develop and maintain integration routines among PeopleSoft applications as well as between PeopleSoft and non-PeopleSoft applications using Integration Broker and messages.
• In depth knowledge of Application Engine, Application Packages, and SQL with correlated subqueries. Required to be considered: Active TS/SCI w/polygraph Required Qualifications: • Minimum 8 years of technical experience relevant to this position
• Experience with development experience in PeopleTools to include Application Designer, PeopleCode, AE, File Layouts, Application Designer and SQR
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus
• Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients
• Ability to travel as needed
• Experience with entire software development life cycle utilizing PeopleSoft
• Passion for technology, the curiosity and willingness to constantly learn new skills, work with new tools and discover new and innovative approaches to solving complex technical challenges.
• The ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences and, vice versa, translate functional needs to technical solutions. Desired Qualifications: • Strong in programming fundamentals and have good understanding of database concepts.
• Strong experience in SQL
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Peoplesoft certifications or an ability to achieve them
• Good programming skills in one of the classic s/w languages
• Exposure to Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
• AWS experience