|Published||June 8, 2022|
Summary The senior PeopleSoft developer’s role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. This position will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of software users.
- Provide production support in a shared, on call rotation.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary.
- Remove code script from company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to other PeopleSoft developers.
- Provide software architectural advice to business analysts/project managers.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Required: Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school plus 2 years’ experience in object-oriented programming or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or software engineering and/or 5 years equivalent work experience in PeopleSoft.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, Sales Associates and general users.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Working technical knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: Component Interface, Integration Broker, BI Publisher, Data Warehousing, COBOL or any other PeopleSoft technical area. Experience working with enterprise applications, including PeopleSoft 9.2. Hands on experience working with integrated development environments, including PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Application Engine, SQR, SQL. Extensive experience with SQL Server 2005 and 2008. Solid working knowledge of current internet technologies. Hands-on software trouble shooting experience. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Other Skills and Abilities
Flexible and adaptable regarding learning and understanding new technologies. Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products. Highly logical and technically proficient. Highly self-motivated and directed. Ability to work with urgency, accuracy and attention to detail. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks and coordinate multiply projects simultaneously. Ability to work both independently and in a team-orientated, collaborative environment.
Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. Duties require the ability to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee is required to frequently use hands and wrists.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- provided by Dice