Senior Director of Technical Product Management: PeopleSoft Operations
|Published||March 13, 2023|
Description & Requirements
Press space or enter keys to toggle section visibility
At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you'll join us. We can't do it without you.
Working under the Office of the Chief Information Officer, the Senior Director of Technical Product Management: PeopleSoft Operations will manage all things surrounding this enterprise-wide technical environment. This individual will be responsible for assessing needs, creating the roadmap, managing project managers and product owners, and ensuring continuity and successful operation and integrations. The ideal candidate has a passion for operations and look closely at how the pieces of an enterprise technical environment fit together, and work with everyone from C-suite executives to individual contributors to outside partners to run the ship. Change management and an ability to understand the "how" and the "why" at each step of the way are a must.
This position can be based to work out of any Jack Henry office or remote from any US location.
What you'll be responsible for:
* Directs a comprehensive product strategy for Peoplesoft, and associated solutions from product conception and definition through end of life. Leads creation and maintenance of the product/vision roadmap
* Directs those involved in the design, modification and evaluation of all phases of products from product definition and planning through implementation and release. Functions as a central resource with design, development, quality assurance, marketing and implementation as the software product(s) move through their lifecycle
* Directs the creation of user stories and acceptance criteria based on the Voice of the Customer (VOC). Prioritizes user stories and defects/bugs to seed a sprint's backlog based on business value
* Manages resources to ensure optimum efficiency and effective delivery. Collaborates with team and stakeholders to define roadmap, release plans, and Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to achieve company strategic goals
* Maintains, optimizes and elevates the practice of product management, through best-in-class practice and training
* Contributes technical expertise to the sales process and the development of effective marketing plans/campaigns.
* Formulates and executes long-term plans for cost/profit control
* Works with Technical Product Managers to develop comprehensive communication/promotion strategy, including necessary planning, activities, training and other resources associated with successfully introducing the product and features to the customer
* Promotes use of new technologies and works with product managers and sales team to prepare for emerging product and industry trends
* Makes business decisions by creating epics and stories so that teams understand product outcome objectives. Develops and maintains standards for progress visibility and the team's 'definition of done' for all tasks
* Maintains knowledge of product offerings across the board to answer questions, decrease product friction, and encourage adoption. Recommends and advises on business and client user needs
* Serves as a product expert to internal teams and participates in business process re-design activities, helps arrive at technical solutions, communicates product features and shares knowledge of product offerings
* May oversee Project Management Office (PMO) and annual Enhancement Submission Process (ESP) activities
* Leads business stakeholder meetings and encourages innovative ideas from stakeholders.
* Clearly communicate business functional and technical issues to various levels of clients and internal staff
* May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you'll need to have:
* Minimum of 15 years of experience in enterprise IT product management or operations.
* Must have 10 years of experience with PeopleSoft.
* Must have 5 years of experience as a manager or director.
* Must have experience with HR and Finance modules of PeopleSoft.
* Must have Salesforce experience
* Must have migration experience.
* Must be able to travel up to 25% for internal and external business unit and stakeholder meetings.
What would be nice for you to have:
* Bachelor's degree or higher.
* Experience with DevOps.
* Experience with Zero or Low Code Environments.
* Experience with Agile principles.
* Peoplesoft, Salesforce, Agile and/or project management certifications.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry's mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
At Jack Henry, we pride ourselves through our motto of, "Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun." We recognize the value of our associates and believe much of our company's strength and success depends on their well-being.
We demonstrate our commitment by offering outstanding benefit programs to ensure the physical, mental & financial wellbeing of our people is always met.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business-and our society-stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Requests for full corporate job description may be requested through the interview process at any time.