|Published||November 30, 2022|
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
King County's Business Resource Center (BRC)is searching for a Senior Business System Analyst to join our PeopleSoft Benefits team. The Benefits team provides critical systems support to County employees through maintenance and enhancements of King County's PeopleSoft Benefits Administration module.
In this career service position, you will lead projects, develop project artifacts, and manage work efforts to ensure the completion of the project within the required parameters. Primary duties will include creating project schedules, creating change management plans, gathering requirements, developing, and executing test plans, and providing end-user support.
You will have the opportunity to apply your soft skills as well as technical skills to execute high visibility PeopleSoft projects. Your business partners will consist of teams from various subject matter experts across several King County departments.
Special considerations will be given to candidates who have experience and knowledge with PeopleSoft Benefits and PeopleTools. Bring your talents to our team today and do work that directly benefits your colleagues and King County's essential workers! Job Duties
A Successful candidate for the position will be able to demonstrate skill and ability, at a minimum, to:
* Provide system and user support for the PeopleSoft Benefits Administration modules and its related stand-alone systems
* Create project documents to support the PeopleSoft Benefits Administration projects, including project schedules, requirements, and test case documents
* Lead and facilitate project groups in defining business requirements and assess alternative solutions to avoid system customizations
* Conduct Software Development and System Testing according to standard SDLC methodologies
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
* Have a strong background in business and system analysis support of the PeopleSoft Benefits Administration
* Have the ability to design solutions for application modifications, interfaces and reports
* Have knowledge of Benefits Administration best practices, configurations, solution design, and process reengineering
* Have customer focus in building and maintaining positive relationships with agencies and staff
This recruitment is open to internal King County employees and the public. A King County Application is required. We highly suggest that you include a letter of interest and a resume with your submission.
Due to this position's access to sensitive records and systems, the successful candidate will be required to pass a thorough background and reference check.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Josh Isgur at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Remote and On-Site Work:
This position's work is primarily performed telecommuting/remotely. There may be occasions in the future when onsite work will be expected. The office is located in the heart of downtown Seattle at the Chinook building.
Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements.
To support employees during this time King County has a robust collection of tools and resources to support working remotely. The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team. King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
King County's Business Resource Center (BRC) is a great place to work!
At King County, our work is guided by our True North and values. Our True North is what we aspire to: Making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive.
King County has defined values which define our expectations for ourselves and one another:
King County's Our Equity and Social Justice shared values guide's our work: King County's ESJ Vision
You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues who embrace a one team approach, and continuous improvement, equity and inclusion, delivering customer value, and who are adept at remote working and collaboration.
King County offers great benefits, to include a pension plan, holidays, transit pass, plus training and education opportunities to promote growth and development.
Our focus is to provide our employees with work life balance
* Competitive healthcare plans
* Flexiblework environment incorporating remote working*
* Free Orca Card allowing multiple transportation options to/from the office
* On-Siteexercise facilities and bike storage
* Paidvacation time (in addition to paid holidays)
* Tenpaid holidays and Two Additional personal holidays
* Paidsick leave
* Paidparental leave
* Deferredcompensation plan
* Employer Contributions to state pension plan
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
King County Executive Branch employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate for the position you applied for, the County will send you a conditional offer letter.
As a condition of employment, prior to a final offer of employment, you will be required to:
* submit proof of vaccination, or
* have an approved request for medical or religious exemption and an approved accommodation. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
People are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the final dose of a vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The Executive Branch includes employees in the Executive branch, the Assessor's Office, Elections, the King County Sheriff's Office, and the Executive Office.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
This position is not represented by a union.