REMOTE PeopleSoft HCM Developer-Sr level || Remote
|Published||March 8, 2023|
HCM, payroll, time and labor and absence management developer
Currently we utilize a custom accrual process that involves processing after the payroll is run. The Accrual Management project involves changing the processing of accruals during the payroll process to align with Time and Labor and to utilize delivered functionality. A large portion of this project is to focus on delivered solutions and reduce customization along with recommendations for best practices for business processes.
- Participate in development activities for the PeopleSoft HCM ERP system, including, but not limited to, the areas of Payroll, Time and Labor and Absence Management.
- best practices and development of defect-free enhancements for the system. Collaborate with core development team members, subject matter experts, and campus project teams as necessary. Work closely with the business and/or technical counterparts to deliver enhancements that are compliant with industry and application best practices. Prepares and approves or obtains approval for system and programming documentation. Initiates and oversees changes in development, maintenance, and system standards. Sets the technical requirements for complex software specifications. Applies advanced software concepts to plan, design, develop, modify, debug, deploy and evaluate highly complex software for functional areas. Analyzes existing highly complex software or works to formulate logic and devises algorithms for new highly complex software systems. Performs highly complex data analysis and tests/debugs highly complex software, working directly with management. Initiates, analyzes, designs and applies highly complex data sources. Applies and enforces complex programming security practices.
- Provide advanced production support services as required. Participate in support rotations and provide on-call support services as needed. Tasks include, but are not limited to, reviewing processes, analyzing and fixing system data, working with customers directly to resolve issues, and designing new solutions to resolve system defects. Perform analysis to identify and resolve recurring issues. Problem solving; tackle challenging issues/bugs. Assess and triage issues. Escalate issues to management as appropriate.
- Advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft development tools, languages, and integration technologies BI Publisher Oracle databases, SQL, and PL/SQL
- Ability to write technical documentation in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of how system management actions affect other systems, system users and dependent / related functions. Experience in data integration and the specification of data services.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- At least 7 years' experience in PeopleSoft HCM 9.x including extensive work experience on at least 2 large-scale system implementation project involving large numbers of users and multiple locations.
- Advanced experience designing and developing solutions for PeopleSoft HCM applications Payroll, Time and Labor and Absence Management including deep experience and understanding of the PeopleSoft HCM data model.
- Strong Application Engine and SQL skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
- Proven Experience authoring technical design specifications and test plans.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Strong collaboration, analytical, and teamwork skills. Strong, demonstrated project leadership and software management skills
- Experience with configuration strategy preparation, object migration with STAT/PHIRE, procedures and practices, determining automated and manual methods etc.