|Published||January 20, 2023|
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Job Description: PeopleSoft - Staff Software Engineer (Remote).
The Hartford is seeking a PeopleSoft techno functional analyst for the Corp IT Finance Value Stream. Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate strong techno functional expertise working with PeopleSoft financial applications. Your work will involve all phases of the technology implementation lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, build, test and deployment) using PeopleSoft Financial applications (Accounts Payables, Travel & Expense, Fixed assets, General ledger and Financial Accounting Hub) and tools. You will successfully engage with business partners in both a project and critical systems support environment and demonstrate strong verbal and analytical skills to support these functions from a technology perspective.
* Understand Business requirements and project objectives and perform techno functional analysis to design solutions for ongoing project initiatives of PeopleSoft applications.
* Work with business teams and help create new system configurations.
* Work on application rationalization and various AWS Cloud migration initiatives - Utilize webservice API capabilities for various system integrations.
* Identify Business Process issues at an early stage of project life cycle and take corrective action to mitigate issues as required.
* Build and implement capabilities for continuous integration (CI) and continuous (CD) aligned with Enterprise DevOps practices
* Build application-level test automation by following the guidance from Enterprise testing COE.
* Explore opportunities to improve performance, scalability for simplification and maintainability.
* Provide input to Software engineering, quality, DevOps and Agile practices.
* Participate in the rollout of any changes to the production environment and suggest new standards in using change control, documentation, and full communication with the operations and support teams.
* Customer focus, creativity, multitasking, and managing expectations for deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Provide support for production support issues.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in the area of Computer Science, Information Technology and Management Information Systems.
* Seven plus years of experience as a PeopleSoft financial Applications (Accounts payables, Travel an d Expense, Fixed assets, General ledger and Financial accounting Hub) Developer/Analyst supporting PeopleSoft FSCM modules - Experience in PeopleSoft Upgrade Projects - Excellent technical skills in PeopleSoft 9.2 and People Tools 8.5x, including but not limited to People Code, Component Interface, SQR, Application Engine programming, app messaging, Integration Broker, SOAP/Web-services, nVision, SQL and PL/SQL. In addition, the ideal candidate will have hands on experience working on Unix shell scripts, Autosys batch schedules and Informatica ETL tools.
* Required: 5+ years performing system design, integrations testing, and solutions maintenance of the Peoplesoft financials ERP applications.
* Required: 5+ years supporting configurations, customization, reports and interfaces, Systems and Integration testing and user acceptance testing within Peoplesoft Financials ERP application.:
* Required: 5+ years developing test scenarios and test scripts in the impacted solutions to facilitate appropriate functional and integrations testing.
* Required: 5 + years of closely collaborating with onshore and offshore technical teams to ensure that quality deliverables are delivered in a timely manner.
* Required: 2 + years of working on API/ Web service integrations between Peoplesoft and other feeder systems
* Preferred: 2 + years of working knowledge on DevSecOps tools
* Preferred: 1 + years of working in Agile/Scrum project environments.
* Preferred 1 + years of working with Cloud ERP applications.
* Preferred 1 + years of working with Informatica tool.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$102,000 - $153,000
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
About Us | Culture & Employee Insights | Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | Benefits
Staff Software Engineer - IE07IE