|Published||October 1, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
Job Title: Peoplesoft Functional/ Integration Tester
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 10 Months
No. of Hours Per Week: 40 Hours Per Week
Start Date: ASAP
Location: 5 Manhattan West, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10001-2633
Interview Type: In-person/Web Interview
Exelare ID: NYC_PEOP136_MA
The Financial Information Services Agency and Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for a Peoplesoft Functional/ Integration Tester to support ongoing production maintenance and system enhancements of the HR, Benefits and Payroll functions. Under the direction of the Manager, the Peoplesoft Functional/ Integration Tester shall have the primary responsibility of ensuring the quality of the software and any associated custom development to meet the City’s functional and technical requirements and enable FISA to operate and maintain the software application in a cost-effective manner after the implementation. This person should have working knowledge of the following modules PeopleSoft HR, NA Payroll (Garnishments) and Global Payroll / Absence Management.
- Develop and maintain formal test cases for specific releases based on the business requirements and technical specifications.
- Execute test scripts/cases for releases or on-going maintenance and record test results in ALM / Quality Center (QC).
- Report defects in ALM / Quality Center (QC), provide development team with necessary defect documentation, re-test fixes and record results.
- Perform data mining to ensure proper test population coverage for test cases.
- Assume responsibility for timely test cases completion to achieve targeted system cycles dates.
- Timely reporting of all critical milestones and slipping deadlines to the Testing Lead.
- Work on multiple projects and ability to shift the effort based on the timelines established.
- Conducting peer reviews prior to test execution (i.e., proper test cases coverage, test cases documented appropriately).
- Working with developers and system analysts on resolving any open questions while working on test cases preparation.
- Working with automation team on debugging automation scripts.
- Extensive PeopleSoft 8.x/9.x (v. 9.2 is plus) Functional testing experience in PeopleSoft HR, NA Payroll (Garnishments) and Global Payroll/ Absence Management.
- Extensive knowledge of different types of Garnishments like Creditor, Federal Debt. NY State Tax Levy, Student Loan, Bankruptcy, IRS Tax Levy, and Child Support.
- Extensive knowledge of different payroll components like Federal/State/Local taxes, Social Security and Medicare Taxes, earnings, deductions and additional pay.
- Experience with People Code, SQR, SQL, App Designer, Toad.
- Extensive experience in Manual Functional Testing such as creating test plan, building and executing manual test scripts.
- Experience using ALM / Quality Center (QC) for creating, executing test cases and tracking defects.
- Experience in developing and maintaining automated HP Quick Test Pro (QTP) scripts using Keyword Driven Framework and Descriptive programming is a plus.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM Database model.
- Proficiency running back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 and Oracle).
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Implementations in a government or civil service environment.
- Experience working with an enterprise wide, large-scale implementation.
- Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a Technical/ Business Discipline is required.
V Group Inc. is an IT Services company which supplies IT staffing, project management, and delivery services in software, network, help desk and all IT areas. Our primary focus is the public sector including state and federal contracts. We have multiple awards/ contracts with the following states: AR, CA, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, MD, ME, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, and WA. If you are considering applying for a position with V Group, or in partnering with us on a position, please feel free to contact me for any questions you may have regarding our services and the advantages we can offer you as a consultant.
Please share my contact information with others working in Information Technology.
- provided by Dice