|Published||September 4, 2023|
Cognizant Technology Solutions is looking for "PeopleSoft Financials Business Analyst Consultant" to join in our team of IT professionals in a permanent role. If you meet our background requirements and skills and are looking for an opportunity with these skills and expertise, here is the ideal opportunity for you!
Cognizant's Oracle practice is part of our Enterprise Platform Services (EPS) unit. As a part of Oracle, you will assist our clients in navigating today's digital shift. Our expertise spans the entire Oracle Stack, from engagement to transaction processing to modernizing core systems. We're ahead of the curve in leveraging cloud, social and mobile enterprise application platforms to drive innovation and efficiency.
We pride ourselves on having extensive experience working with clients in all major markets. Our delivery model is infused with a distinct culture of high customer happiness. We consistently deliver positive relationships, cost reductions and business results.
Role: PeopleSoft Financials Business Analyst Consultant
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Relevant Experience: 6+ Years
Job Description: As a PeopleSoft Financials Business Analyst Consultant, you will be a part of a team responsible for supporting multiple PeopleSoft General Ledger and Asset Management projects and enhancements. While each team member has a primary skill set, they are also expected to learn and contribute to areas outside of their primary skill set. The team is highly collaborative and values continuous improvement and open communication.
An outstanding candidate is needed to support multiple PeopleSoft General Ledger and Asset Management projects and enhancements. The candidate will be involved in the end-to-end software development life cycle from requirements gathering through testing, implementation and post-production support. Desired mix is 60% functional/40% technical.
- Candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication and relationship management skills
- Comfortable meeting with business users (in person and remotely) to document requirements, draft process flows, and present findings to a variety of collaborators
- Possesses the experience to advise collaborators as well as team members on best solution to meet business needs that aligns to system standard methodologies
- Leading customer-facing requirement's gathering, fit-gap, and system walkthrough sessions
- Eager to learn process or systems, and aim to solve problems and perform root cause analysis
- Comfortable developing innovative approaches and charting a course of action in ambiguous situations
- Comfortable with standard PeopleSoft GL and AM batch job functionality and ability to solve issues and errors
- Researches new system functions or capabilities within PeopleSoft General Ledger and Asset Management and trains others on key benefits, setup required, and constraints of new functionality
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines
- Provides explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise and acts as a subject matter expert on process/business needs to testers, developers, and peers
- Act as the liaison between Business and Systems Analysts, Software Developers and project management groups in multiple sites and countries
- Configures the system based on business requirements, tests, and resolves system issues and defects during full project lifecycle
- Authors and implements system tests to assure that new modifications/functionality meets requirements and anticipated benefits
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of functional-technical experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger or Asset Management in version 9.2
- 6+ years of experience in leading or helping facilitate User Acceptance Testing
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience facilitating requirements gathering or leading solution brainstorming sessions
- Ability to manage tasks and deliverables applying basic Project Management techniques (including but not limited to creating project plans with milestones, tracking deliverables, providing status, managing issues / risks)
- Ability to write SQL queries and navigate through code to troubleshoot issues
- Experience with Journal and Ledger data
- Experience working with test plans and test cases
- Understanding of data gathering/analysis methods
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio
- Knowledge of the Software (System) Development Life Cycle
- Experience with non-US business customers and team members
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience with Financial Reporting tools or streaming/data warehouse
- Working relational database knowledge
- Prior development experience a plus
Salary and Other Compensation:
This position is also eligible for Cognizant's discretionary annual incentive program and stock awards, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant's applicable plans.
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Proficiency Level *
Oracle RMB Reporting
Oracle RMB Development
Proficiency Level *
Medicare & Medicaid Claims
* Proficiency Legends
The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.
The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.
The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.
The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.