|Published||November 7, 2022|
Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana's communities every day.
At the State of Indiana, we don't just talk about diversity and inclusion - Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. As a proud equal opportunity employer, reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of a role.
Next Level benefits at the State of Indiana are here! Be sure to review our expanded benefit package offerings below.
About the Indiana Office of Technology (IOT):
The Indiana Office of Technology provides cost-effective, secure, consistent, reliable enterprise-technology services to our partner agencies so that they can better serve our mutual customer, the Hoosier taxpayer. IOT will also act as the technology and solution enabler for the State, helping its partner agencies achieve business objectives and innovation.
This PeopleSoft Financials Analyst provides functional support for the Project Costing module for all State agencies as part of the GMIS team. You will assist with module rollouts, customer training, issue resolution, and ongoing functional support for Project Costing. You will also assist state agencies with PUM upgrades and testing. You will be a subject matter expert for Project Costing and learn how Project Costing data is utilized by other modules and reports. Especially helpful to have knowledge of State accounting policies and federal grants processing. A few of the responsibilities include:
* Provide direction and decisions about configurations, customizations, and changes to PeopleSoft Project Costing module as appropriate. This will be done in conjunction with the State's internal Business Owners.
* Oversee the PeopleSoft PUM upgrade new feature review sessions to gain understanding of departmental business requirements and to provide knowledge pertaining to the functionality that exists within the system.
* Create and maintain complete PeopleSoft modules end user training materials.
* Provide module upgrade testing and testing coordination for the State agencies.
* Confer with technical and functional GMIS team members, as well as other IOT staff regarding issues resolution.
This position requires that you have experience with PeopleSoft Financials.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
* Conduct thorough research, fact-finding, and analysis of user needs and problems required to develop and maintain information systems of moderate complexity;
* Confer with the user community to define information systems requirements and system processing needs;
* Prepare project feasibility studies;
* Prepare user requirements, functional design, physical design, and other relevant system design components;
* Formulate system scope, project cost, time estimates, and human resource and equipment requirements for implementation of new application software or enhancements to existing application software systems;
* Prepare detailed specifications from which application software will be written;
* Prepare and conducts system test planning;
* Designs, codes, and debugs new application software programs and/or makes enhancements to existing application software programs of all levels;
* Test and debugs new and existing application software;
* Execute tasks conforming to shop techniques, standards, policies, and procedures;
* May use case tools and/or application development software tools;
* Provide complete documentation for new or modified information systems and/or application software programs;
* Mentor and provides guidance and training to new and lower-level staff;
* Monitor completed application software systems to ensure proper execution and performance;
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
What You'll Need for Success:
You must meet the following requirement to be considered for employment:
* Working knowledge of new systems design techniques, information technology equipment, operation and capabilities;
* Advanced knowledge of information systems design principles;
* Advanced knowledge of application development software languages;
* Advanced knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for application development;
* Advanced knowledge of application development software tools;
* Advanced knowledge of information technology equipment, operation, and capabilities;
* Advanced knowledge of both system and business applications and competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities of those systems;
* Ability to perform problem solving and analytical analysis;
* Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
This role does not provide direct supervision to direct reports.
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
* Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) as well as vision and dental plans
* Wellness program (offers premium discount for the medical plan and gift cards)
* Health savings account, which includes bi-weekly state contribution
* Flexible work scheduling options, including the potential for hybrid remote work for employees whose work may be performed outside state facilities
* Deferred compensation 457B account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
* Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
* A robust, comprehensive program of leave policies covering a variety of employee needs, including but not limited to:
* 150 hours of paid new parent leave
* Up to 15 hours of paid community service leave
* Combined 180 hours of paid vacation, personal, and sick leave time off
* 12 paid holidays, 14 on election years
* Education Reimbursement Program
* Group life insurance
* Referral Bonus program
* Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
* Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
* Free Parking for most positions
* Free LinkedIn Learning access
This position traditionally starts at an annual salary of $61,022. Salary for this position may be commensurate with education and job experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Employee? Click here to apply.