|Date Posted||October 5, 2021|
Company in Northwest Houston is looking for PeopleSoft Financial Systems Analyst.
Full time role with salary at $115,000.
This role is mostly on-site.
As a key member of the PeopleSoft Financials Support team, you will have the opportunity to work with current technology in an environment that focuses on team goals and objectives.
- Functional support: Implement accounting/financial systems and databases by providing analysis, setup, and testing of programs to ensure accurate financial results and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Statutory Accounting Principles. Identify and make recommendations for improving processes and procedures for assigned accounting/financial systems and database.
- Production support: Provide production support activities including master data table maintenance, PeopleSoft Financials tree and combination edit rule modifications. Create new business units in supported modules, create and update public queries, etc. Resolve production issues in a timely manner that may include the full life cycle of an Oracle SR and patch applications by IT. Collaborate with IT to ensure all user needs are identified
- Testing: Develop and test interfaces between all applicable systems/databases. Also, document test results and troubleshoot program issues. Create change request documents (CRD) with detailed functional specifications, including security requirements and complete testing scenarios that incorporates any regression testing
- System administration: Perform all system administration for assigned business application including security administration, configuration management and system monitoring
- Training and documentation: Provide end user issue resolution and training. Develop appropriate documentation of all activities.
- 5+ years of relevant and progressive professional experience in Accounting and/or Finance especially in the implementation and maintenance of PeopleSoft.
- Experience working with various PeopleSoft modules like General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management, Expense, Billing, Treasury etc. preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Understanding of GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles preferred
- Optimization of work processes. Knows the most effective and efficient methods to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material strictly in accordance with company policy and legal requirements
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Sound analytical skills, as well as strong decision-making and problem-solving aptitude
- Exceptional communication and able to make connections across the organization at multiple locations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.