|Published||September 24, 2022|
Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a Senior PeopleSoft Support Analyst in Cheyenne, Wyoming with the option to telework full-time. This position is responsible for administering application security, production support, ongoing development, upgrades, and enhancements for the Wyoming Department of Transportation PeopleSoft administrative and financial information systems, associated applications, and integrations.
Cheyenne is a steadily growing community along the Front Range but still true to the history of the Old West. The city offers nearby access to mountain biking, skiing, hiking, fishing, hunting, and other outdoor activities. Cheyenne is also home to the "Daddy of 'em All" - Cheyenne Frontier Days. Wyoming is one of only seven states with no state income tax.
Human Resource Contact: 307-352-3048 [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
* Designs, develops, integrates, tests, implements, maintains, and upgrades WYDOT ERP application security
* Maintains access, roles, and privileges according to established policies and procedures; continuously evaluates established security practices and recommends improvements
* Provides day-to-day operational support for all WYDOT ERP customer-facing applications and associated interfaces and integrations, including PeopleSoft, Agile Assets, and Fuel Tax Administrative applications.
* Provides advanced technical support, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and training to end-users for highly complex, automated processes remotely by phone, email, or interactive virtual platform.
* Partners with functional users across teams to capture requirements; analyzes and recommends the best way to meet the requirements, leveraging delivered system features and functionality where possible, considering upstream and downstream effects of changes on other systems and processes.
* Creates functional specifications to design, develop, enhance, implement, and maintain system applications.
* Provides quality formal and informal documentation, including project accountability documentation and regular status reporting.
* Attends training to develop proficiency and maintain knowledge of trends and directions with respect to the assigned areas.
* Participates in patching and upgrades to PeopleSoft, Oracle Database, Agile Assets, Phire, and other applications and system components
* Develops complex reporting solutions using BI Publisher, SQR, PS Query, and/or Oracle SQL
* Develops applications, interfaces, and integrations using proprietary Peoplesoft software development tools, including Application Designer, Data Mover, Integration Broker, SQR, Application Engine, Application Messaging, BI Publisher, Component Interfaces, PeopleCode, and Application Packages.
* Utilizes database management systems, including Oracle using SQL, PL/SQL, and related desktop utilities.
* Performs senior-level system development life cycle tasks, including requirements gathering, analysis, design, estimating, coding, testing, document preparation, implementation, and communication activities for new systems for modification of existing systems.
Preference may be given to candidates with PeopleSoft and PeopleTools professional experience, including PeopleSoft Security administration, PeopleSoft maintenance, and upgrade methodologies, PeopleSoft Workflow, PeopleSoft Documents, PeopleSoft Fluid Development, Application Designer toolset (Application Engine, Integration Broker, Data Mover, Component Interfaces, PeopleCode, Page/Component, REST/SOAP Web Services), PeopleSoft reporting tools such as nVision, SQR, BI Publisher, PS Query, as well as PeopleSoft FSCM, HCM and EPM Applications, including core records used by business processes.
* Knowledge of financial, human resources, and budgeting systems and associated business processes
* Knowledge of application development and programming principles
* Knowledge of the system development lifecycle and associated change management practices
* Knowledge of relational database systems, preferably Oracle, associated query tools, and SQL
* Knowledge of application integration (e.g., middleware) techniques and tools
* Knowledge of hardware and software configurations, client/server systems, and web-based systems
* Knowledge of a variety of programming code languages with the ability to write structured, well-documented code
* Skills in the use of operating systems including Microsoft Windows and Unix/Linux as well as basic desktop applications and operations, including Google enterprise applications and MS Office products
* Knowledge of techniques to employ information technology to meet business requirements.
* Knowledge of application integration tools and techniques, including web services and file transfers.
* Knowledge of user interface, report design, and data presentation techniques.
* Proficient skills using SQL, PeopleSoft Query, or a similar ad-hoc query tool
* Strong skills in interpersonal, oral, and written communication to maintain a high level of customer service and interact effectively with people at various levels of the organization
* Strong skills in providing production support for enterprise-wide, large-scale applications in a team environment, performing detailed root cause analysis, using reasoning, interpretation, and application of theories and principles in order to recommend alternatives and best courses of action for resolution of complex problems
* Ability to organize and manage several projects or tasks at once, perform work assignments effectively, meet deadlines and give attention to details, and follow through to completion with little supervision.
* Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and adapt to changing circumstances
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to lead the discussion of topic-driven meetings.
* Ability to effectively manage time to meet operational needs and desired outcomes, adapting to changing priorities, work environments, management styles, and business trends.
* Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
Bachelor's Degree (typically in Computer Technology)
1-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Computer Technology) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Computer Technology Business Applications Analyst
Education & ExperienceSubstitution:
4-6 years of progressive work experience (typically in Computer Technology) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Computer Technology Business Applications Analyst
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays to support production applications.
* Work on-call in support of production applications.
* Some travel may be required.
* Full-time teleworking may be available with an approved teleworking agreement.
* FLSA: Non-Exempt.
* Successful applicants will be required to pass a background information check, which includes taking fingerprints. This information will be processed through the Wyoming Department of Criminal Investigation (DCI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).
* The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free Workplace.
* E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
045-Wyoming Department of Transportation - Chief Technology Officer - Information Technology
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.