|Date Posted||October 17, 2019|
Leads in the planning, design, development, implementation, and execution of innovative application and platform solutions related to security, service delivery, datacenter and service desk management, OSS, and BSS systems. Drives identification and adoption of best in class operational practices and procedures across a multidimensional, high complexity back office space for business as usual tasks, deployment, incident management, monitoring and detection, capacity planning, forecasting, resiliency, hardening, and DR/HA. Designs and establishes corporate operational playbooks, standard operating procedures, develops and implements platform enhancements and makes recommendations for improvements. Leads implementation of approved application and data center architecture and designs and security solutions. Leader in staff development efforts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities include: designing, deploying, managing, and ensuring stability of the application and platform ecosystem and related back office infrastructure and data centers to provide network security, high availability, fault tolerance, and scalability to effectively and efficiently support mission critical business systems.
- Demonstrates a high level of competence in IT operations, application monitoring, deployment and configuration management, availability and performance optimization, capacity management and forecasting, cloud computing, datacenter operations troubleshooting critical issues, and coordination of implementation.
- Represents the Engineering Department working closely with Architects and Engineers in designing, modeling, and implementing new technologies.
- Become a trusted partner of our engineering team through the delivery of excellent customer service and knowledge that will allow our business to grow.
- Troubleshoots and resolves major APO and system issues.
- Assists and leads efforts for design, redesign, and operational efficiencies as business objective and strategies evolve.
- Project management – document project requirements including scope, costs, schedule, testing and terms of delivery to ensure project is completed with highest level of quality on time and within budget.
- Mentors and trains other Engineering personnel in key elements of networking systems and provide technical presentations to instruct co-workers and other production services support individuals.
- Provides 'on call' support to resolve OSS application issues after normal business hours
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Systems knowledge (Linux, Unix)
- Infrastructure knowledge (Supercluster, AWS)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- In-depth knowledge in areas of specialty for specific applications, and general knowledge of supporting or integrating applications creating platform ecosystems
- Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Expert knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Expert knowledge of software designing software like Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- General knowledge of OSI stack and application architectures
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience; may require Industry Standard Certifications
Related Work Experience
6 plus years System or Server Administration
6 plus years Application Development work experience
4 plus years Network OSS application work experience
6 plus years System Administration work experience
6 plus years Database support and development work experience
4 plus years Enterprise Application Integration work experience
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
- Experience with PeopleSoft Server Administration, Installation, configuration, and tuning best practices for Tools 8.56/9.2
- Experience with PeopleSoft Lifecycle Management Tools 8.56 (Application Designer, Datamover)
- Experience with PeopleSoft Update Manager and Change Assistant for large platform upgrades
- Experience with Unix Server Administration for Solaris 11 and shell scripting in Korn, Bash, and C Shell
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Database and Real Application Clusters installation and configuration version 11g and 12c
- Experience using/installing Oracle Grid Control/OEM 12c and SQL/database performance optimization tools/advisors within Grid Control
- Experience with Oracle Super Cluster Hardware
- Understanding of F5 load balancing, and Secure Socket Layer principles and best practices for PeopleSoft systems
- Experience with Microsoft Server Administration version 2010 and 2012R2
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell scripting
- Understanding of Tidal Scheduling software or similar
- Experience with PeopleSoft DPK deployment
- Experience with WebLogic Server Administration and turning version 10.3 and 12c
- Understanding of Disaster Recovery and HA (highly available architecture) principles
- Experience with implementation of external authentication methods for PeopleSoft such as header-injection, guest access, and single-sign on
- Functional Experience with PeopleSoft CRM processes and SMTP setup
- Experience with Oracle RMAN, DBUA, DBCA and Transparent Data Encryption.
- Installation and Administration experience with Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) version 11g and 12c
- Experience with Oracle snapshot and physical standby database setup and administration version 11g and 12c
- Experience reading and understanding Oracle AWR reports and diagnosing/troubleshooting/tracing processes within Peoplesoft and Oracle databases
PeopleSoft Tools and Technology Certification
PeopleSoft Implementation Specialist Certification
PeopleSoft Upgrade Specialist Certification
Oracle 12c(11g) Upgrade, Administration, or Advanced Administration Certified Master(Expert or Professional)
Linux, Unix, or other system administration certification are helpful
Office Environment; Occasional travel as required