|Date Posted||January 6, 2021|
Position Title: Application Systems Analyst/ Programmer / Senior
Position Number: 354396
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46204
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
ERP, HCM, PeopleSoft, Technical, Troubleshooting
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Position: Application Systems Analyst/Programmer / Senior
Location: Indianapolis, IN_462o4
Start Date: 01/26/2021
End Date: 09/30/2021
Purpose of Position/Summary:
Requires expertise in the complex PeopleSoft ERP Human Capital Management system. Must have a thorough understanding of PeopleSoft delivered functionality, as well as extensive knowledge of States policies and business processes. This individual must have expert knowledge of testing and training methodologies and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong analytical skills Experience in documenting and implementing process improvement. Excellent communication and organization skills with experience facilitating group discussions. Project management skills including consultation, collaboration, project planning, analysis and stakeholder reporting skills Ability to write functional & technical documentation. Ability to multi-task effectively on concurrent, simultaneous enhancement and production support projects. This person would be supporting over 33,000 state employees for Time and Labor, Payroll, Benefits and Absence Management.
Essential Duites/Responsabilités :
• Provide Lifecycle support of PeopleSoft HCM module (Time and Labor, Core HR, Benefits, Learning Management, payroll, and Absent Management)
• Interacts with Management and Business Owners in understanding and resolving system/application related problems using analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Testing of customized application changes and coordinates State Agency testing acceptance for all upgrades and customizations.
• Manage projects related to PeopleSoft HCM as required
• Assess impacts and best practices regarding issues and enhancement requests
• Work with technical GMIS Analyst to provide business analysis of system changes needed to conform to State requirements
• Confirm proper configuration for the PeopleSoft HCM application
• Guide functional team in completing upgrade and implementation steps
• Helps identify and document additional functional requirements
• Drives issue resolution from a functional perspective
• Provide post implementation end-user support as necessary
• Experience in HC 92 Modules, Time and Labor, Payroll, Benefits, Absence management, HR Data
• Developing functional requirements for requested enhancements and system or process changes
• Creating test plans and writing/executing scripts related to user-requested system enhancements and projects. Insure coordination with varied stakeholders
• Coordinate user acceptance testing and work directly with end user SMEs to manage tasks associated with testing
• Actively engage end-users through all phases of the project life cycle, ensuring customer satisfaction through timely communication and consistent completion of deliverables within critical timelines
• Conduct business process re-engineering to identify opportunities for improvement, and making appropriate recommendations
• Support customer management to establish processes and define & track client
• Ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues to management and functional support staff.
• Preferred Technical skills: PeopleTools, SQR, Application Engine, Integration Broker, PS Query, vFire, Microsoft Office tool
• Ability to:
• Plan, organize, integrate, and manage a broad range of complex data and systems management, upgrade, administration and maintenance activities.
• Establish and maintain project and production schedules and balance responsibilities for multiple activities to ensure timely, high-quality results.
• Identify information and technology management issues and opportunities, analyze complex problems and alternatives, and develop sound conclusions and recommendations.
• Perform PeopleSoft database and systems troubleshooting and tuning to resolve complex data and systems management, communication, and interoperating problems.
• Assess customer needs, set priorities, and allocate resources to most effectively meet needs in a timely manner.
• Develop and implement appropriate procedures and controls.
• Understand and apply functional requirements to the development of systems proposals, specifications and recommendations for cost effective information systems and technology solutions.
• Communicate clearly and effectively to diverse audiences of technical and non-technical personnel, both orally and in writing.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
Difficulty of WorK:
• Work is broad in scope requiring extensive judgment in adopting techniques to meet the information technology requirements, specifications, standards, and procedures of a complex enterprise wide system.
• Work has a direct influence and impact on the agency's ability to successfully administer the business operation to achieve agency mission, policy, or practice.
• Technical instruction is generally not needed; however, employee may seek guidance when unique problems arise. Work is reviewed for adherence to deadlines and attainment of objectives
Personal Work Relationships:
• Employee works with personnel from within and outside the agency, at all levels. Contacts are for the purpose of coordinating, problem solving, troubleshooting and analyzing in highly sensitive or disputed situations.
• None greater than normal. Work is sedentary in nature.
• Office, indoors