|Date Posted||July 4, 2021|
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
- Data Integrity – The accuracy and consistency of the data stored in PeopleSoft.
- Master Data – Data that is shared and utilized by other modules within PeopleSoft. This includes [but not limited to], customers, items, suppliers, locations, employees, ChartFields, billing identifiers, Project activities, and speed charts/types.
- nVision – A financial reporting tool that will be owned by the Finance reporting department.
The Master Data Analyst will interact with different levels throughout the organization that may include accountants, financial analysts, developers, architects, production support engineers and all levels of management. The role requires a solid understanding of accounting and reporting processes and must demonstrate proven abilities and success with an ERP and MS Office applications either as an end user or in a support role. The ideal candidate should be comfortable communicating with internal and external customers in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to a manager.
- Contribute to the continued development of master data dictionaries.
- Perform the day to day maintenance functions and configuration of the PeopleSoft application.
- Ensure data integrity and quality of financial and master data.
- Contribute to the design of the process for input, review, and maintenance of systems master data through use of written policies, procedures and forms ensuring standardization and accuracy across multiple systems as well as enterprise adoption.
- Modify and maintain proper publication of master data and finance policies, procedures and work instructions as they pertain to PeopleSoft.
- Support the Content Team Managers and Director with enforcing policies and procedures to ensure enterprise adoption.
- Ensure compliance with company and security policies.
- Configuration & maintenance of master data and other associated elements and tasks that include [but are not limited to]: ChartFields and other data elements.
- Update configuration documents and guides for configuration any changes made to the application.
- Review and identify new functionality and bug patches related to PeopleSoft Finance images.
- Primary lead for integration of new Business Units onto PeopleSoft.
- Creation of Functional Specs for enhancements to the PeopleSoft application.
- Monitor journal entry status and workflow submissions. Take appropriate steps to support the systems goals of timely and accurate financials.
- Maintain Data test scripts and perform functional testing of patches, fixes, new functionality, allocations and any other data integrity issues that may arise.
- Development and maintenance of Forms
- Work with IT and Business Project Managers of all levels on Master Data related projects and tasks.
- Identify and report critical data management issues and risks.
- Monitor and run interfaces [inbound and outbound].
- Active engagement in regular data cleansing projects.
- Development and maintenance of PeopleSoft queries for end users.
- Run reports, queries, allocations, eliminations, consolidations and any other process necessary to support the PeopleSoft application and finance end users.
- Aid in the implementation of process improvements through new policies, procedures, functionality, and training.
- Work with CMGrp Managers to create and present training guides and job aids.
- Monitor email and BMC Service ticketing system and provide appropriate customer service and support.
- Support and maintain Finance SharePoint and HHC Connect intranet website.
- Assist the Technical Reporting team with report builds upon request.
- Active engagement in the HHC Lean Initiative and Leadership Behaviors
- Assist in special projects as assigned by the CMGrp Managers and Director to support the data integrity of the system and the goals of the HHC System.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance (with a minor in computer science) and 7 years professional work experience in a Finance/Accounting department with 3-5 years of ERP system application experience.
- Self-motivated individual with strong analytical, quantitative and computer skills with the ability to take individual data requests, access and communicate impact for the enterprise.
- Committed, effective and supportive team member, able to work flexibly, quickly and accurately to tight deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- work under pressure and adapt to changing environments;
- organize workload, and the capacity to progress a range of tasks and projects at one time;
- work independently and as part of a team; to proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback;
- communicate well with administrative staff, external organizations and with other staff at all levels; and
- interact with IT resources when technology roles and capabilities are required to facilitate any and all aspects of master data governance.
- An advanced user proficiency in Excel and/or demonstrated expertise in spreadsheet and database applications with the ability to extract and consolidate data from multiple sources.
- Experience either as a user or a support role in the PeopleSoft Financial Modules: AP [Accounts Payable] and TE [Travel & Expense]
- Full Time [40 hrs/week]. Must be willing to work hours outside the normal business professional hours and may require weekend hours so as to support the financial close process, implementations or other projects.
Reports to: CMGrp Manager
We take great care of careers.