|Date Posted||December 20, 2018|
Location: Houston, Texas
Position at Tokio Marine HCC
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company's almost 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior PeopleSoft Financial Systems Analyst in our Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, TX. As a key member of the PeopleSoft Financials Support team, you will have the opportunity to work with current technology in an environment that focuses on team goals and objectives.
- Functional support: Implement accounting/financial systems and databases by providing analysis, setup, and testing of programs to ensure accurate financial results and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Statutory Accounting Principles
- Production support: Provide production support activities including master data table maintenance, PeopleSoft Financials tree and combination edit rule modifications. Create new business units in supported modules, create and update public queries, etc. Resolve production issues in a timely manner that may include the full life cycle of an Oracle S.R. and patch applications by IT. Collaborate with IT to ensure all user needs are identified
- Testing: Develop and test interfaces between all applicable systems/databases. Also, document test results and troubleshoot program issues. Create change request documents (CRD) with detailed functional specifications, including security requirements and complete testing scenarios that incorporates any regression testing
- System administration: Perform all system administration for assigned business application including security administration, configuration management and system monitoring
- Training and documentation: Provide end user issue resolution and training. Develop appropriate documentation of all activities.
- The successful candidate ideally will have a minimum of five years of relevant and progressive professional experience in Accounting and/or Finance especially in the implementation and maintenance of PeopleSoft Financials accounting system.
- Experience working with various PeopleSoft modules like General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management, Expense, Billing, Treasury etc. preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Understanding of GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles preferred
- Optimization of work processes. Knows the most effective and efficient methods to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material strictly in accordance with company policy and legal requirements
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Sound analytical skills, as well as strong decision-making and problem-solving aptitude
- Must be an exceptional communicator and able to make connections across the organization at multiple locations
- Educational requirements: the ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.