|Date Posted||February 20, 2021|
- Accelerated pay based on your experience.
- Benefits such as medical, dental, vision, and company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) with annual company match.
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and our company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
PeopleSoft Sr. Business Analyst- The role will focus on working with the business stakeholders to develop detailed requirements. Work with the developers to ensure they have a solid understanding of what is being requested. Highlight and track critical issues and projects and push for closure. Develop timelines and deliver weekly status updates to ensure project team understands milestones.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Own the relationship between the business units and MBIS teams while carrying a substantial workload of approximately 10-25 projects.
- Produce adhoc reports based on business users’ requests and serve as an information source for members of the project team.
- Highlight and track mission critical issues and push for closure.
- Understand the industry and solutions the Company has to offer. Be able to see the big picture on projects and also be able to discuss in depth all steps needed to take requirements from gathering to implementation and support.
- Elicit business requirements and subsequent creation of a business requirements document. Ensure changes, updates and exceptions are documented throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop and maintain work flows, swim lanes, mock screens or screens and other visual aids to demonstrate how the solution should be created and effectively communicate to members of a project team.
- Collaborate with development and subject matter experts to establish the vision of a project and analyze the tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Create Microsoft project plans along with creation of tasks and assign tasks to members of the project team.
- Prepare cost benefit analysis and return on investment research to ensure projects submitted are providing proper return to the Company. SOP98-1 identification of projects.
- Obtain approval of the business requirements document from the business unit within the project timeline.
- Provide weekly status reports to ensure everyone included in the project has an understanding of major milestones, timelines, and whether assigned projects are on track to meet expected delivery dates.
- Develop test cases or other system testing processes to ensure solutions meet quality standards and the agreed upon business requirements.
- Approve and in some cases execute test cases created by Quality Assurance, validate the tests appropriately and evaluate the requirements.
- Close process related incidents, reported to the Help Desk, that are assigned based on business issues.
- Develop training material as well as maintenance of existing materials so that business users have an understanding of the systems and solutions that are in place.
- Manage projects as needed or defined by the business.
- Facilitate of meetings as needed.
- Establish project priorities by working with the business owners on a weekly basis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Information systems or business.
- PeopleSoft HCM, payroll, absence management, and taleo/OTAC business analyst experience.
- Have 10 plus years experience working with PeoepleSoft preferred.
- Experience with a substantial workload of 10-25 projects.
- Previous production support.
- Experience with Oracle HCM Cloud including payroll, benefits, and performance management is a plus.
- Possess strong analysis, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Be detail oriented and able to work on many different assignments at one time with demonstrated follow through and commitment to customer service.
- Be able to work in stressful situations where time demands are high and have the ability to discern priorities.
- Be an effective planner, organizer, trouble shooter, and self starter.
- Be able to work effectively without a lot of supervision or direction.
- Have strong business acumen.
- Have ability to travel to divisions to support in upgrades, new implementations, creation or opening of new divisions.
- Ability to provide after hours support as needed based on needs of the business.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.