|Date Posted||February 26, 2021|
PeopleSoft Financial Systems Administrator Marketing Statement:
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) is seeking an engaged, experienced, PeopleSoft Financial Systems Administrator professional specializing in configuring, supporting and functionally maintaining PeopleSoft Billing, AR, Contracts and Project Costing modules. The position is responsible for performing functional analysis of data and support for the Accounting and grants department. The PeopleSoft Financial Administrator will support the customer ticketing function, query and report development. The role will manage and participate in the system and end user testing. The position will also assist the Information Technology (IT) department with system implementations, upgrades, and repairs as necessary. The ideal candidate should have preferred experience in ERP systems design and documentation. A successful candidate will be expected to provide functional support to the Accounting and field staff that also drives process continual improvement and increased automation.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Business Administration or Accounting
- Minimum of eight (8) years' experience, providing functional support for an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Financial system. Proven proficiency with PeopleSoft Financials version 9.1 or higher
- Master's degree in degree in Information Systems, Business Administration or Accounting
- Experience in governmental or commercial Accounting arenas
- Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The PeopleSoft Finance Administrator provides financial systems analysis and functional support for the Office of Accounting that is consistent with established financial management guidelines. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining data governance/systems integration as well as provide leadership and recommendations for improving the Enterprise Financial System. This work involves the extensive use of the PeopleSoft Financial Management System, PeopleSoft Asset Management (PSAM) System, PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) Payroll System, PeopleSoft Project Costing, Cognos Business Intelligence, HTML, SQL Server, PeopleSoft Query and Nvision Reports. The incumbent leverages financial, accounting and ERP System knowledge, representing the Accounting and the EVP & Chief Financial Officer (EVP/CFO)'s organization as it relates to system responsibility, utilizing expertise in financial systems, transaction flow, cross system impacts, integration and data integrity.
- Serves as coordinator with overall technical responsibility for designated areas within Accounting (to include general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, asset management, project costing and payroll). Supports the Accounting department with functional support in updating business process as well as systems configuration. Leads the documentation of existing process flows, to include defining, maintaining, keeping current the system documentation control points and definitions.
- Routinely handles internal branch applications functional support requirements to include upgrades, customization of software, and staff training on technical assistance in topics such as PeopleSoft Financials, PeopleSoft Query, nVision Reporting and various specialized software products.
- Provides direction to subordinate staff to include assigning duties, directing work, enforcing disciplinary actions, resolving grievances and ensuring appropriate training is provided in the absence of the branch Manager.
- Assists in maintaining a high level of data quality within the financial systems through monthly data validations and company-wide reporting initiatives. Responsible for reconciling data transfers of sub-ledger system data to the general ledger, resolution to complex system problems and/or system debugging, analysis of system generated financial information.
- Serves as Project Lead on major projects to include process and product improvements. Provides coordination of tasks and milestones of major system developments or enhancement projects. Prepares detailed proposals, project status and progress reports.
- Troubleshoots production-level problems with security roles and permissions lists affecting PeopleSoft's financial, payroll and ERP systems. Participates in end-user training sessions, testing new functionality and acts as a liaison to the technical team to identify solutions to systematic data issues.
- Responsible for maintaining PeopleSoft Reporting Trees and managing the Master data tables to include supporting development, design or modification of allocations, trees, tables, cubes, statistical journals, application engine process and varied other processes necessary to make improvements to the system. These improvements may be structural changes which improve the usability, maintainability and efficiency of the system.
- Participates in the monthly and annual Financial Close to provide support with report writing, query development and running the monthly interim and year-end closing entries.
- The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.