|Date Posted||March 18, 2020|
4 Scope of Services
Accountable for providing overall direction and integration for a PeopleSoft ERP module, functional and/or business area. Understands the business strategy and works with the team to define business requirements. Communicates and coordinates with other Team Leads, business leadership, and Project Manager to ensure appropriate integration of processes and modules across the enterprise. Oversees, defines and monitors critical path activities and resolves issues or escalates issues to the Project Manager as needed. Drives the design and implementation of new business processes with organizational structure and required ERP configuration.
Must possess an in-depth understanding of the business function/process of the PeopleSoft ERP, and also be viewed as a credible representative of that business functions. Successful implementation is dependent on the ability of the incumbent to influence business leadership and management decisions and drive ownership and acceptance of changes to the business.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
1. A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the financial related PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools.
2. Experience in a business analyst capacity in a financial discipline relating to the development and delivery of a capital plan of projects.
3. Individual will be expected to describe multiple past experiences with ERP tools and how they were selected for a successful implementation in a public entity environment.
4. Preferred experience with the implementation of an ERP solution for a subordinate agency and interfacing to a statewide accounting and financial reporting system.
5. Must possess very strong business acumen.
7 Primary Job Duties/ Tasks
1. Provide an assessment of the extent to which the PeopleSoft ERP solution aligns with the FDOT Capital Plan of Projects business outcomes as required by statute.
2. Develop PeopleSoft ERP evaluation strategies, methodologies, and work plans.
3. Create a mapping of detailed functional and technical requirements into PeopleSoft ERP module functionality to provide initial fit-gap analysis for FDOT during pre-procurement and procurement phases.
4. Deliver a formalized fit-gap analysis.
5. Research financial related best practices for the planning, executing, and closing of a portfolio of projects using the PeopleSoft ERP solution and provide recommendations for the use of PeopleSoft ERP modules and/or Business Intelligence tools.
6. Summarize findings into staff and executive level reporting formats.
7. Provide recommendations to align FDOT’s business capabilities and data structures to optimize the adoption of the PeopleSoft ERP solution.
8. Assist in providing content for procurement documents and provide estimates for scheduled activities.
9. Provide a monthly status report of assigned duties.
10. Provide a red-lined review of document reviews as requested.
8 Job Specific Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
1. Advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft financial modules and their use;
2. Knowledge of financial management and best practices for planning, executing, and closing of a portfolio of projects;
3. Knowledge of industry standard best practices of the ERP implementation life cycle;
4. Knowledge of statewide accounting and financial reporting systems and integration of various applications to the PeopleSoft ERP;
5. Ability to work effectively with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Technical Architects in both a centralized and decentralized environment to build efficient, viable solutions in the development of business applications utilizing all established departmental standards;
6. Advanced skills with business process modeling and documentation tools.
7. Ability to organize data into logical format for presentation in reports, documents and other written materials;
8. Ability to accurately estimate time requirements for assigned tasks for a project;
9. Ability to relate to customers’ needs, document their requirements and perform duties in a service-oriented manner;
10. Ability to interpret and communicate technical information related to business processes, computer programming and data processing, both verbally and in writing;
11. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism, and maintain effective work relationships with others;
12. Ability to adjust to changing demands in a dynamic environment with diverse work assignments
13. Ability to plan, coordinate and conduct facilitated work sessions for a large-scale development project;
14. Ability to develop benefits realization analysis and define effective ROI models;
15. Advanced skills with Microsoft products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
9 General Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
The submitted candidate must be able to apply common knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
1. Communication: Have the ability to clearly convey information, in both written and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a wide variety of settings (i.e.; project team meetings, management presentations, etc.). Must have the ability to effectively listen and process information provided by others.
2. Customer Service: Works well with clients and customers (i.e.; business office, public, or other agencies). Able to assess the needs of the customer, provide information or assistance to satisfy expectations or resolve a problem.
3. Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions.
4. Flexibility: Is open to change, new processes (or process improvement), and new information. Has the ability to adapt in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism, and maintain effective work relationships with others.
5. Interpersonal: Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and politeness to others.
6. Leadership: Motivates, encourages, and challenges others. Is able to adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations.
7. Problem Solving: Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternative actions, and make recommendations as accordingly.
8. Team Building: Encourages, inspires, and guides others toward accomplishing the common goal.
9. Quality Assurance: Knowledge of the ideologies, techniques and tools for quality assurance and control. The ability to put the ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.