|Location||Little Rock, AR|
|Date Posted||February 14, 2020|
This position may participate in a group 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year on-call rotation where each member of the group takes call for 1 week at a time
The Senior Academic Computing Analyst under working title PeopleSoft Developer Senior, under direction, formulates/defines system scope and objectives. Develops, configures, and modifies procedures and software to solve complex academic health-care requirements using commercial and state of the art software development tools and methods, considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, computer-user interfaces and form of desired results.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience
Systems Administration - Provide technical administration of software technology supporting academic applications.
- Specific responsibilities include systems administration of the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions student information system. This includes but is not limited to configuration of core systems level components and provisions for interaction among those components; evaluation, planning, and execution of updates and upgrades; and configuration of core security provisions.
- Assist with implementation of commercial or open-source information systems. Coordinate implementation of hardware and software components. Assist as necessary with definition of related processes and user training.
- Define, configure, implement and maintain processes for transfer and interchange of data among relevant systems in including PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and other UAMS and/or third party systems (i.e. the UAMS network account management process, Blackboard, and the R25 Live scheduling system, government agencies, etc).
- Develop processes and software to facilitate and ensure integration and consistency of academic information among systems.
Application development & maintenance
- Analyze requests for information management applications and modifications of existing applications. Work with clients and consult with other team members to assess requirements and evaluate options to meet requirements.
- Develop student information system modules. Design application functionality, data structures, and security provisions based on identified requirements. Using Peoplesoft software platform develop, test, and document computer applications software, data structures, and related data administration processes. Develop plans for application implementation including any required operating system configuration and data migration. Carry out application implementation process. Provide training and continuing support to application users.
- Maintain student information system applications. Work with clients to investigate computer application problems and deficiencies. Develop proposed solutions. Assist users in planning application improvements.
Other duties as assigned including participate in team in support of other academic and institutional initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of study plus 5 years of experience in a system administration and/or systems analysis and development position - OR - Master's degree Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of study plus 3 years of experience in a system administration and/or systems analysis and development position
- Experience must include 3 years of experience with Oracle’s PeopleSoft in a system administration and/or systems analysis and development position
- Communications: Ability to listen attentively and thoughtfully to clients without interjecting personal predispositions. Communicate effectively with clients and others involved in projects to translate client needs into information management system functional capabilities and related processes and workflows
- Understand and account for the relationships and interactions among the UAMS schools and academic support units and the overall organization, objectives, and schedules of UAMS academic operations
- Computer applications development and database design: effective knowledge of standard applications development and implementation technology and processes as identified by the department to design, develop and implement information system solutions. Knowledge of database and data structures design to support and optimize performance of client server and web-based applications
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server administration
- Experience working in a higher education setting
- Experience developing with in and maintaining PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Experience applying PeopleSoft bundle updates and PeopleTools patches
- Experience monitoring PeopleSoft application software middleware
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Integration Broker
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft security configuration
- Experience with PeopleSoft PeopleTools, such as, PeopleCode, Application Engine, Component Interface, and XML Publisher
- Experience with PeopleSoft App Designer
- Experience with common middleware and messaging technologies including SOAP and XML
- MS SQL Server
- MS Windows Server OS
- MS .Net framework, VB.Net
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 - 25 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Continuously
Taste or smell: Never
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Classroom Setting, Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity