|Date Posted||August 9, 2019|
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is currently seeking an Enterprise Application Developer, Senior to work in the Center for Information Technology Services (CITS). This position independently designs, develops and implements solutions to the UMB PeopleSoft HCM application to ensure that it meets campus business requirements. This selected candidate will have an in-depth understanding of the technical architecture of the ERP application and the ability to use a variety of complex techniques and tools to achieve the desired application functionality. Provides on-going support and maintenance of these critical enterprise-wide production systems.
UMB is one of 12 schools in the University System of Maryland (USM)and the only public academic health, human services, and law center in the State. Consisting of 6 professional schools and an interdisciplinary graduate school, UMB educates the majority of the State's physicians, nurses, dentists, lawyers, social workers, and pharmacists. We are also national leader in health sciences research, receiving over $600 million in grants and contracts in FY18, all in service of our mission to improve the human condition and serve the public good of our local, national, and global communities through education, research, clinical care, and service.
Working at UMB offers a number of health and work/life balance benefits. This exempt position offers a generous leave package of 22 vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days, and 3 personal days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; learning, mentoring, & professional development programs for staff; flexible work schedules and teleworking; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any USM school.
- Designs, develops, tests, and maintains the PeopleSoft HCM application throughout the lifecycle from inception to implementation.
- Analyzes the PeopleSoft HCM application and evaluates campus requirements against available solutions.
- Develops and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Independently translates functional requirements into technical design including system configuration and processing requirements.
- Works closely with database and systems administration staff to maximize function and effectiveness of PeopleSoft HCM application.
- Ensures documentation, functional and technical specifications are up-to-date.
- Identifies system inefficiencies and recommends effective solutions.
- Interacts with functional staff and campus community to troubleshoot issues and design and implement resolutions.
- Ensures system integrity and efficiency.
- Communicates and coordinates with other team members to ensure project goals are met.
- Acts as an applications expert for campus functional staff and central office staff for some application modules.
- May lead and train other staff associated with enterprise-wide application development.
- May be responsible for code migrations in development environments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.