|Location||Little Rock, AR|
|Date Posted||April 16, 2021|
The Intermediate Academic Computing Analyst under working title PeopleSoft Developer Intermediate is to assist the UAMS schools, academic administration, and academic support units with implementing systems to support UAMS educational programs and activities and assessment of educational outcomes as well as information systems, facilitating delivery of services to students and faculty, and academic administrative operations within the schools and at the campus level. This includes assistance with identifying, implementing, and supporting suitable commercial or open-source systems and, where necessary, designing, developing, and supporting systems. Various other responsibilities in support of the educational programs and administrative information management processes of the schools and central UAMS administration may also be assigned.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience.
- Develops information management applications.
- Designs applications functionality, data structures, and security provisions based on identified requirements.
- Uses standard software platforms to develop, test, and document computer applications software, data structures, and related data administration processes.
- Develops plans for application implementation including any required operating system configuration and data migration.
- Carries out application implementation process.
- Provides training and continuing support to application users.
- Analyzes requests for information management applications and modifications of existing applications.
- Works with clients and consult with others in unit to assess requirements and evaluate options to meet requirements.
- Maintains information management applications.
- Works with clients to investigate computer application problems and deficiencies.
- Develops proposed solutions.
- Assists users in planning application improvements.
- Develops and maintains software to provide for integration and consistency of academic information among systems and transfer of required data to other information systems.
- As required, participates in a team to support other academic and institutional initiatives.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Post Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field of study plus 1 year of experience in computer applications development and database design and administration - OR - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of study plus 3 years of experience in computer applications development and database design and administration - OR - Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of study plus 5 years of experience in computer applications development and database design and administration
- This position will work both remotely and on-site. Candidate will need to reside in Central Arkansas.
- Communications: Ability to listen attentively and thoughtfully to clients without interjecting personal predispositions. Communicate effectively with clients and others involved in projects to translate client needs into information management system functional capabilities and related processes and workflows.
- Learn/understand and account for the relationships and interactions among the UAMS schools and academic support units and the overall organization, objectives, and schedules of UAMS academic operations.
- Computer applications development and database design: effective knowledge of standard applications development and implementation technology and processes as identified by the department to design, develop and implement information system solutions. Knowledge of database and data structures design to support and optimize performance of client server and web-based applications.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server administration.
- Experience working in a higher education setting
- Experience applying PeopleSoft bundle updates and PeopleTools patches
- Experience monitoring PeopleSoft application software middleware
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Integration Broker.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft security configuration.
- Experience with PeopleSoft PeopleTools, such as, PeopleCode, Application Engine, Component Interface, and XML Publisher.
- Experience with PeopleSoft App Designer.
- Experience with common middleware and messaging technologies including SOAP and XML.
- MS SQL Server
- MS Windows Server OS
- MS .Net framework, VB.Net
- Experience with integration of a Data Warehouse
- Experience with integrated student information systems, preferable PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
- Experience with Blackboard Analytics Student Module, as well as, Pyramid for analytics.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 26 - 50 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Continuously
Taste or smell: Never
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Classroom Setting, Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity