|Location||Little Rock, AR|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
The Intermediate Academic Computing Analyst under the working title of People Soft Developer Intermediate is to assist the UAMS schools, academic administration, and academic support units with implementing systems to support UAMS educational programs and activities and assessment of educational outcomes as well as information systems, facilitating delivery of services to students and faculty, and academic administrative operations within the schools and at the campus level.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience
- Develop information management applications.
- Design applications functionality, data structures, and security provisions based on identified requirements.
- Using standard software platforms develop, test, and document computer applications software, data structures, and related data administration processes.
- Develop plans for application implementation including any required operating system configuration and data migration.
- Carry out application implementation process.
- Provide training and continuing support to application users.
- Analyze requests for information management applications and modifications of existing applications.
- Work with clients and consult with others in unit to assess requirements and evaluate options to meet requirements.
- Maintain information management applications.
- Work with clients to investigate computer application problems and deficiencies.
- Develop proposed solutions.
- Assist users in planning application improvements.
- Develop and maintain software to provide for integration and consistency of academic information among systems and transfer of required data to other information systems.
- As required, participate in team in support of other academic and institutional initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or related field of study plus 3 years of experience in computer applications development and database design and administration - OR - Associate's degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or related field of study plus 5 years of experience in computer applications development and database design and administration - OR - High School diploma plus Computer Sciences, Information Technology or related field of study plus 7 years of experience in computer applications development and database design and administration.
- Ability to listen attentively and thoughtfully to clients without interjecting personal predispositions.
- Communicate effectively with clients and others involved in projects to translate client needs into information management system functional capabilities and related processes and workflows.
- Understand and account for the relationships and interactions among the UAMS schools and academic support units and the overall organization, objectives, and schedules of UAMS academic operations.
- Computer applications development and database design: effective knowledge of standard applications development and implementation technology and processes as identified by the department to design, develop and implement information system solutions.
- Knowledge of database and data structures design to support and optimize performance of client server and web-based applications.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server administration.
- Experience with integrated student information systems, preferable PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
- Experience with PeopleSoft PeopleTools and PeopleSoft security.
- Experience with Blackboard Analytics Student Module, as well as, Pyramid for analytics.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Experience applying PeopleSoft bundle updates and PeopleTools patches.
- Experience monitoring PeopleSoft application software middleware.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Integration Broker.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft security configuration.
- Experience with PeopleSoft PeopleTools, such as, PeopleCode, Application Engine, Component Interface, and XML Publisher.
- Experience with PeopleSoft App Designer.
- Experience with common middleware and messaging technologies including SOAP and XML.
- MS SQL Server.
- MS Windows Server OS.
- MS .Net framework, VB.Net.
- Knowledge of Blackboard Analytics Student Module.
- Experience with integration of a Data Warehouse.
- Experience using Pyramid for Analytics.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 - 25 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Continuously
Taste or smell: Never
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Classroom Setting, Inside Laboratory Environment, Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity