|Location||Kansas City, MO|
|Date Posted||August 3, 2019|
PeopleSoft Developer III
Initial Duration: 01/31/2020
Pay Rate: OPEN
This position typically provides application expertise and support for a limited number of system applications/business functions. This position plays a key role in designing, encoding, testing and documenting the development and modification of applications. In addition, this position assumes a leadership role on medium-size projects.
• Interfaces with users to determine the use of and requirements/specifications for development and/or modification to assigned business system/system application.
• Leads the design, development (encoding) and implementation of applications and application modifications.
• Leads the testing and debugging of applications prior to implementation.
• Develops and maintain documentation of applications and system integration.
• Consistently uses courtesy while providing application support to end users. Asks questions to gather information about the problem and listens carefully. Guides the user through diagnostic and resolution procedures, using clear and concise directions.
• Uses personal initiative and knowledge of application development to resolve a variety of moderately complex to highly complex applications problems. Uses good judgment, attention to detail, persistence, and resolves issue in a timely manner.
• Monitors applications to ensure maximum performance.
• Maintains and enhances applications to address newly discovered problems or new requirements.
• Runs backup and recovery procedures and processes as directed by organization and IT standards and policies.
• Follows policies and procedures to ensure corporate data security and change control.
• Freely shares information and technical guidance to application programmers who have less experience and expertise
This position is responsible for developing and supporting our PeopleSoft Finance and Supply Chain application to meet business objectives. It will design, code and test program specifications in the PeopleSoft environment to develop solutions to business problems with in the PeopleTools architecture as well as integrate other software with the PeopleSoft software. Will work closely with business analysts and/or key users, assessing business needs and determining/implementing information technology solutions within the PeopleSoft architecture. Position must have fluent understanding of the PeopleSoft Financial and Supply Chain application’s functionality as well as the technical structures which the application is built on. Experience with version 9.2 of PeopleSoft and PeopleTools 8.54 or higher is required.