|Location||Des Moines, IA|
|Date Posted||July 19, 2019|
TMC Transportation is the nation's largest employee-owned, open deck transportation company. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, TMC provides expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions throughout the 48 contiguous states. If you're seeking a rewarding career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and dedication to quality and customer service, then join us in our Destination of Excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Ownership - ESOP!
TMC Transportation has an immediate full-time opening for a PeopleSoft Developer working out of our office in Des Moines, Iowa.
The primary function of a PeopleSoft Developer is to collaborate with functional and technical teams to enhance and expand the current PeopleSoft 9.2 and PeopleTools 8.54 environments. This position is responsible for the technical development and integration of PeopleSoft HCM and Financials applications within the company. The position also allows for development opportunities beyond PeopleSoft, including the potential for web and mobile development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain integration and data integrity between legacy, HCM, and Financial systems
- Work closely with management, project managers, and business analysts to determine requirements related to the technical aspect of PeopleSoft.
- Perform upgrades of the PeopleSoft and PeopleTools installation.
- Assist with security administration.
- Design, develop, test, and debug software to satisfy PeopleSoft project requirements
- Create process flowcharts, diagrams, and other related documentation
- Ensure that the design and application implementation meets security and QA standards
- Minimum 2 years of experience with PeopleTools
- Minimum 2 years of experience writing PeopleCode, SQR, XML publisher
- Must be detail-oriented and logical
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work individually and in a team environment
- Hold functional understanding of PeopleSoft, HCM, and Financials Applications
- Four-year degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field
- At least 2 years of relatable work experience
- Experience with MicroFocus COBOL
- Technical experience within PeopleSoft HCM
- Technical experience within PeopleSoft Financials
- A working knowledge of Application Designer, Integration Broker, Component Interfaces, and Application Engine
- Experience with the SQL Server Database and writing SQL
- Experience with PSnVision and Microsoft Excel
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to sit and use a telephone and computer for extended periods of time