|Date Posted||May 31, 2019|
• Experience with PeopleSoft Enterprise Purchasing and Inventory modules is required. Candidates without this experience will not be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as Corporate Finance representative/project team member on various PeopleSoft Financial Application development projects, working with other involved departmental personnel and external consultants as needed to ensure that the company continues to increase the value received from their PeopleSoft Financial Application.
- Consult with internal and external Finance and Accounting customers, define the relevant business processes, and gain an understanding of the area’s information and technology needs.
- Understand overall business objectives and priorities that demand Financial Application services.
- Provide information and advice on Financial Application functionality, applicability and usability.
- Partner with Finance end-users to understand and analyze complex business problems and define business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services or optimize/streamline business processes.
- Interview internal and external customers to gather requirements. Document functional and technical specifications for development and enhancement projects. Validate business processes against data requirements.
- Ensure business requirements are clearly understood, reviewed and confirmed with the customer before functional requirements are finalized. Ensure business requirements are properly documented and functional/business consideration is identified for each solution. Ensure alternative approaches are evaluated in working with internal and external resources.
- Ensure functional requirements are clearly documented, fully documented and understood by all key stakeholders.
- Assist in providing innovative solutions with best practice standards and approach.
- Provide application knowledge for implementation of new PeopleSoft modules and added functionality. Participate and coordinate application analysis, functional design, application configuration, application testing, and training for end users.
- Support Finance and Accounting departments in answering detailed PeopleSoft functional questions and determining solutions for their issues.
- Support all user requests across all modules of the PeopleSoft Financial Application with regard to navigation, table and data maintenance, query creation and data requests.
- Troubleshoot and coordinate with teammates to resolve problems and investigate enhancements for applications.
- Research and investigate user-reported PeopleSoft issues to determine whether they are resulting from poor business processes or a technical system issue. Follow up with user or internal PeopleSoft resources to resolve.
- Perform various financial analyses and ad hoc data retrieval on an as needed basis using any and all available means such as financial reports, custom queries, SQL database queries, etc.
- Understand business needs, analyze, and translate into effective solutions.
- Verify that requirements are testable and generate testing objectives. Ensure functional specifications are sound, efficient and support company goals.
- Support unit, QA and UAT testing using a combination of business expertise and technical understanding, working with teammates to develop and/or execute test cases.
- Create test plans and writing/executing scripts related to user-requested system enhancements and projects. Insure coordination with respect to objects spanning various PeopleSoft modules.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing, working directly with end-users to manage tasks associated with testing.
- Act as a liaison between technical and non-technical users. Interact with technical resources for problem resolution.
- Ensure that all development standards are taken into consideration in the functional and technical design/solution phase.
- Interface with executives, end users, and other technical resources to understand end user requirements.
- Maintain system configuration table content related to various areas of PeopleSoft functionality.
- Determine best approach for the user community with respect to documentation, end-user query tools and training materials.
- Utilize all available technology and social networking platforms to engage the greater PeopleSoft user community and bring external PeopleSoft best practice/business process/technology innovation information from other PeopleSoft professionals and customers to your team.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned by management.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required and three (3) to five (5) years of business/requirements analysis required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of functional PeopleSoft Financials experience is required.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178