|Date Posted||June 27, 2019|
Basic Functions & Responsibilities
This employee serves as the PeopleSoft Application & System Administrator in the Information Technology Services Department on the Appleton Campus. This includes managing the administration, configuration, and maintenance of the application servers, process schedulers, integration broker, and PIA; monitoring the release of PeopleSoft Update Images, Application & PT Upgrades and fixes and assessing the impact on the current environment; working with programmers to determine which are mandatory or urgent; migrating projects through the various environments; enforcing the system standards that have been established; developing a detailed project plan for migrating patches and fixes through the various environments; consulting with management on complex application projects, software, work methods or procedures; establishes and maintains standards, documentation, data integrity, and efficiency of Finance, HR and Campus Solutions databases.
Essential Job Functions/Secondary Job Functions
Essential Job Functions
- Install, configure, maintain PS Pure Internet Architecture (PIA), SQL Database servers, PS Web/App/Batch servers, Change Assistant, PS PeopleTools, PS product specific application software, Integration Broker, ElasticSearch and REN server.
- Maintain existing PS virtual server infrastructure (27vm’s) for PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (CS), HRMS, and Finance development and production environments, file Server, ElasticSearch servers, and Robo Register servers. Setting up FTP, Drive Shares/Mappings, Software Installation and Access Control Lists (ACS) for server communications. Responsible for projecting and requesting new virtual server environments as needed for product upgrades.
- Install and configure SSL certificates to ensure a secured communications environment. Request CSR’s based off Root CA and install into PS Digital Certificates and PS Keystore and configure SSL in WebLogic, Integration Broker, REN, and ElasticSearch.
- Manage and perform System Applications and PeopleTools upgrade processes for new product versions on all development and production database instances.
- Manage required maintenance of all PS production and non-production SQL database environments. Refresh system databases as needed.
- Download necessary PUM Images, DPK’s, PRP’s, POC’s, and Critical Fixes and install into all PS development environments for testing. Assist with testing and troubleshooting issues with updates. Migrate to PS Production environment.
- Ensure successful/efficient integration across HRMS, CS, and Finance applications and other 3rd-party required software. Touchnet, Robo Register, Elastic Search, and Clean Address.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve day to day and off-hours issues with PS databases and applications in a timely matter with as little disruption to end users as possible.
- Provide assistance to programming staff and end users in researching application errors. This may include researching possible solutions through Oracle support. Coordinate testing and implementation of fixes with programming, and functional testers.
- Coordinate with network and workstation support groups to ensure optimum network performance and accessibility to the PeopleSoft applications.
- Stay current on all Oracle products and new functionality.
Secondary Job Functions
- Provide quality formal and informal documentation consistent with department standards/requirements.
- Confer with user department personnel to provide directions and guidance to ensure conformance with the use of required procedures and standards.
- Provide for education, training, and open communication with backup personnel to ensure that adequate coverage is maintained for this position.