|Date Posted||July 8, 2021|
Contract to Hire
Position: Payroll Technician
Location: Owings Mills Maryland 21117 – 100% REMOTE
Job Type: 12 months Contract to hire
Hiring Manager notes:
- Payroll changes and staff attrition has resulted in an immediate need for a Payroll Technician with PeopleSoft payroll processing experience as well as Oracle HCM payroll processing experience.
- This is a hybrid role that will be primarily remote but will require 1-2 days a week in the Owings Mills office for paper payroll transactions.
- PeopleSoft Payroll Technician, ADP does the payroll taxes. PeopleSoft 9.2 and possibly Oracle payroll cloud.
- This person will be onsite 1 to 2 days a week. Possibility to go permanent.
The Payroll Technician is responsible for preparation and processing of payroll for approximately 5500 employees. Perform a wide variety of payroll processing responsibilities. This includes researching payroll transactions, account reconciliations, garnishment set ups, inspect automated system output such as registers and standard reports. The resource must be able to identify, research and resolve payroll related discrepancies. Must assist associates with timely responses to payroll related phone calls and emails. The position requires the ability to effectively handle competing priorities and extended hours during peak times which may involve evening and weekend hours.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of payroll.
- Process on cycle and off cycle payroll by maintaining and updating payroll records.
- Processing terminated associates including calculations of PTO pay-outs.
- Submit payroll funding requirements to Treasury and recording of transaction in Oracle.
- Participate in meetings with HR and IT on changes that affect payroll.
- Set up employee garnishments.