|Location||Oklahoma City, OK|
|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
POSITION INFORMATION: Performs foreign national tax analysis, employee support/communications, and maintains University records. Provides the payroll section with a variety of accounting tasks related to tax compliance. Assists with payments, journals, balances accounts, assists with W-2 and 1042 reporting.
- Assist with research, preparation and filing of various federal and state tax returns, including, but not limited to: Payroll related forms 941, W-2 and 1042-S; Accounts Payable related forms 1099 and 1042-S; Bursar related form 1098-T.
- Review local state payroll tax issues and other U.S. state tax research and compliance requirements.
- Consult with management on various tax issues and perform related tax research.
- Consult on taxability on issues such as guests on campus, stipends, contracts and other related matters.
- Research tax implications for contracts with foreign companies for pharmaceutical, consulting or other services provided by OUHSC stakeholders, including Value Added Tax (VAT) requirements.
- Perform foreign national tax analysis including the Substantial Presence Test and tax treaties. Prepare treaty exemption forms, W-4 and W-8BEN using Tax Navigator/Windstar and Oracle PeopleSoft for foreign national faculty, staff and students.
- Determine tax status and tax withholding/exemption on foreign national individuals and companies. Review and approve forms W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E related to Accounts Payable.
- NRA testing of tax updates for Tax Navigator and Oracle PeopleSoft systems.
- Assist with/support all payroll processing functions as designated.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Education: BS/BA Degree and a minimum of 18 hours of Accounting coursework (must attach a transcript)
ERP Financial Software
Microsoft Office Software
Microsoft Word and Excel experience
18 hours of Accounting at a college level
High level of verbal and writtn skills in communicating in English
Experience with Payroll and/or Foreign National tax.