|Date Posted||July 8, 2021|
Compensation (Range): 22-26 / hour
If you are an experienced Payroll Specialist looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Payroll Specialist. This is a contract position; however, it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening. For this opportunity, the successful candidate will be directly employed by Bartech Staffing as a W2 employee while providing services to our end client.
Your specific duties as a Payroll Specialist will include:
- Process accurate and timely payrolls for all employees.
- Process all payroll transactions and preparing file loads for hourly and salaried payrolls.
- Key direct deposit, tax, and deductions into the system for processing.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws.
- Resolves customer service issues and problems utilizing their individual expertise in payroll policies and laws.
- Responds to questions from employees and resolves discrepancies.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for US payroll related issues.
- Maintains payroll records and databases.
- Follows all defined payroll SOX controls as defined in payroll narrative.
- Provides analysis or work on projects assigned by their manager.
- Maintains time and attendance systems to ensure accurate data for payroll processing and reporting.
- Completes daily and weekly time analysis on each location. Downloads information out of Workbrain and Kronos into Qlikview to model current pay period. Analyze/research each variance to ensure that all hours are accurate. Works with location to update/change time accordingly.
- Updates and maintains employee information.
- Pulls payroll times files and loads/submits into Peoplesoft.
- Adheres to departmental and organizational schedules deadlines for payroll.
- Completes yearly uploads. Ex: vacation balances for each location. Compares gross wages in Peoplesoft to Workbrain or Kronos and completes functions in excel to come up with yearly vacation hourly rate. Reviews for any discrepancy.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures, contracts and state and federal laws
As a Payroll Specialist, you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual, and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred from accredited university
- 3-5 years of full cycle payroll administration work experience which includes multiple provinces
- Knowledge of payroll practices and HRIS systems including PeopleSoft
- Systems experience with Kronos and PeopleSoft software packages
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with all employee levels across multiple business units and functional areas.
As a Payroll Specialist with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with over 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We provide our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment, and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Payroll Specialist Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!
Keywords: Payroll, Kronos, Peoplesoft, Payroll Specialist