|Date Posted||January 7, 2021|
We are looking for Payroll Specialist contract to hire role in Duluth, GA . The Payroll Specialist will process hourly and salaried payrolls for US employee populations. Pay frequencies include weekly, bi-weekly, semimonthly, monthly and special incentive payrolls assigned to multiple companies and in multiple states/provinces.
Responsibilities for Payroll Specialist :
· Process accurate and timely payrolls for all employees.
· Process all payroll transactions and preparing file loads for hourly and salaried payrolls.
· Key direct deposit, tax, and deductions into the system for processing.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws.
· Resolves customer service issues and problems utilizing their individual expertise in payroll policies and laws.
· Responds to questions from employees and resolves discrepancies.
· Serves as the subject matter expert for US payroll related issues.
· Maintains payroll records and databases.
· Follows all defined payroll SOX controls as defined in payroll narrative.
· Provides analysis or work on projects assigned by their manager.
· Maintains time and attendance systems to ensure accurate data for payroll processing and reporting.
· Completes daily and weekly time analysis on each location. Downloads information out of Workbrain and Kronos into QlikView to model current pay period. Analyze/research each variance to ensure that all hours are accurate. Works with location to update/change time accordingly.
· Updates and maintains employee information.
· Pulls payroll times files and loads/submits into Peoplesoft.
· Adheres to departmental and organizational schedules deadlines for payroll.
· Completes yearly uploads. Ex: vacation balances for each location. Compares gross wages in Peoplesoft to Worbrain or Kronos and completes functions in excel to come up with yearly vacation hourly rate. Reviews for any discrepancy.
· Ensures compliance with policies and procedures, contracts and state and federal laws