|Date Posted||November 6, 2020|
Payroll experience with a medium to large to size employer
In house payroll user
Kronos, Infotronics, or Workbrain time and attendance experience
Payroll Specialist - Duluth, GA
The Payroll Specialist will process hourly and salaried payrolls for US employee populations. Pay frequencies include weekly, bi-weekly, semimonthly, monthly and special incentive payrolls assigned to multiple companies and in multiple states/provinces.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Process accurate and timely payrolls for all employees.
2. Process all payroll transactions and preparing file loads for hourly and salaried payrolls.
3. Key direct deposit, tax, and deductions into the system for processing.
4. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws.
5. Resolves customer service issues and problems utilizing their individual expertise in payroll policies and laws.
6. Responds to questions from employees and resolves discrepancies.
7. Serves as the subject matter expert for US payroll related issues.
8. Maintains payroll records and databases.
9. Follows all defined payroll SOX controls as defined in payroll narrative.
10. Provides analysis or work on projects assigned by their manager.
11. Maintains time and attendance systems to ensure accurate data for payroll processing and reporting.
12. Completes daily and weekly time analysis on each location. Downloads information out of Workbrain and Kronos into Qlikview to model current pay period. Analyze/research each variance to ensure that all hours are accurate. Works with location to update/change time accordingly.
13. Updates and maintains employee information.
14. Pulls payroll times files and loads/submits into Peoplesoft.
15. Adheres to departmental and organizational schedules deadlines for payroll.
16. Completes yearly uploads. Ex: vacation balances for each location. Compares gross wages in Peoplesoft to Worbrain or Kronos and completes functions in excel to come up with yearly vacation hourly rate. Reviews for any discrepancy.
17. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures, contracts and state and federal laws
What you need to Succeed:
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred from accredited university
* 3-5 years of full cycle payroll administration work experience which includes multiple provinces
* Knowledge of payroll practices and HRIS systems including PeopleSoft
* Systems experience with Kronos and PeopleSoft software packages
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with all employee levels across multiple business units and functional areas.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.