|Location||Neptune Beach, FL|
|Date Posted||June 24, 2021|
Job Title: Accounting II
Duration: 12+ months(+extension)
Needs "Payroll Person" that is strong in accounting.
- This position is responsible for accounting related functions for operational accounting systems, primarily for corporate
- Position performs moderately complex reconciliations of general ledger accounting and financial statement accounts to ensure accuracy, quality, and reliability. The position also identifies issues and barriers and develops recommendations to resolve.
- Perform moderately complex general ledger and sub-ledger account reconciliations (compilation, consolidation
- and analysis of data). Analyze various adjustments and determine the amounts that should be corrected and re-journalized
- in the ledger or data corrections in source system. Position communicates and explains these
- corrections and any other system/financial issues to leaders as well as to their counterparts in the organization.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, reporting requirements and ensures integrity of information.
- Serve as subject matter expert on initiatives and identify continuous improvement opportunities for processes
- and procedures. Support development of policy and procedures and ad hoc reporting
- This position may periodically: perform and coordinate various technical activities and analyses during payroll cycles for BCBSF and subsidiaries to control
- correct data
- Provide research for other departments regarding TNL & paycheck issues; Assist system administrators with testing; maintain Bank ID table; Regression testing of test databases after refresh to verify payroll functionality; audit & correct Comp Leave Audit Report; Identify & implement process improvements
- correct T&L
- Data Audit, UNUM report, Break Audit reports & less than 40 emails prior to payroll processing;
- Load EPP and holiday hours to timesheets (when needed)
- Perform transactional and administrative work and data entry, which includes Benefit corrections,
- PTO Donations, Deduction Set up, Direct Deposits, Duplicate W2s and Paystubs, Garnishments, Writs, Levies,
- Child Support, Bankruptcies, Military Differential, STD coding, Subpoenas and Workers Comp
- Statements, Security Requests, Verifications, as required while maintaining data and system integrity & Support
- the integrity of employee records and HR data.
- PeopleSoft Payroll 9.0 and Time & Labor experience preferred
Accounting/Finance Specialists are staff professionals who apply specialized knowledge, typically as individual contributors, in assisting management in matters that require special interpretation or expertise. Incumbents utilize their professional (i.e., discipline-specific) and/or institutional knowledge, including theories, practices and techniques, to perform department activities.
- The work of a Specialist II is subject, wholly or in part, to practices and procedures covered by precedents or well-defined policy and/or supervisory review. Incumbents determine their own priorities and may deviate from established procedures and practices as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability. Representative duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs accounting and controllership functions for analysis, reporting, and management of financial accounts.
- Identifies and resolves issues/barriers which may involve internal and external business partners.
- Responsible for identifying and recommending continuous process improvements.
- Ensures the financial integrity and compliance with state laws and regulations on financial systems, procedures, and processes.
- May perform complex reconciliations of general ledger accounts and researches variances for resolution.
- May ensure all policies, processes, and procedures are integrated into Corporate Finance's short- and long-term plans and objectives.
- May provide training and/or consultation on processes to internal and/or external areas.
- May perform workflow management to ensure optimum output.
3-5 Years in a specialized accounting discipline
Accounting or Finance - Related Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience