|Date Posted||October 21, 2020|
Diverse Tech Staffing is currently seeking an Oracle Database Sr. Administrator with PeopleSoft Financial and HCM for immediate hire. This is a three-month opportunity. You will work for Diverse Tech Staffing remotely. Pay for this position is based on experience and includes eligibility for insurance including medical, dental, optical, disability, and life insurance. Hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The following are some of the tasks you will have in a typical workday for this position. This list is not all inclusive.
- Performs highly complex data management functions at an enterprise level; installs, integrates, upgrades and manages PeopleSoft database environments and structures
- Monitors and evaluates PeopleSoft database environments to optimize performance; plans, organizes, tests and executes migration of databases from development and test to production environments
- Installs and tests new releases, bundles and fixes; ensures data security protocols are maintained and backup/recovery processes are completed as scheduled
- Performs PeopleSoft database administration functions for enterprise databases, including running database management utilities to backup, reorganize and restore databases and resolve production and operational problems
- Monitors utilization and manages available database resources
- Performs PeopleSoft data and systems architect duties; analyzes data resource and server capacity and forecasts growth requirements
- Recommends server, hardware and RDBMS upgrades and enhancements to meet long-term needs; provides enterprise-level short- and long term planning advice on technical enterprise database and systems management and utilization issues
- Promotes the effective sharing and utilization of common data across applications and departments/business units
- Provides advanced technical support to PeopleSoft developers and users including advice and guidance on complex processes and system interdependencies
- Troubleshoots operational and systems issues ranging from difficult to highly complex, including problems with multiple solutions and potential significant consequences
- Works with other IT staff to develop and implement or recommend the implementation of appropriate solutions to complex problems
- Works in coordination and collaboration with other information technology staff as needed
Diverse Tech Staffing provides full-service staffing solutions, including direct hire, contract-to-hire, and contract employees to clients in the IT, engineering, and manufacturing industries. Through our client partnerships, Diverse Tech Staffing helps professionals fulfill their career goals while providing businesses with employees who will assist them in carrying out their plans and managing their processes.
Apply today for immediate confidential consideration or send resume with salary requirements to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Requirements for Position:
- Principles, practices and techniques of information systems management, including applications design, hardware and software options for administrative and business functions and the cost-benefit of systems alternatives.
- Relational database theory, design rules and development practices.
- Data storage, warehousing and mining principles, methods and technology solutions.
- Database management systems and software, including architectures, diagnostic tools, commands and utilities.
- Tools and utilities used in monitoring and tuning database, applications and systems performance.
- Operating system architectures, characteristics, components and commands applicable to enterprise information systems and platform operating systems.
- Principles, practices and methods of systems/network administration and maintenance, including configuration, performance tuning and diagnostic tools.
- Principles, practices and methods of project management as they apply to information technology projects.
- Plan, organize, integrate and manage a broad range of complex data and systems management, upgrade, administration and maintenance activities.
- Establish and maintain project and production schedules and balance responsibilities for multiple activities to ensure timely, high-quality results.
- Identify information and technology management issues and opportunities, analyze complex problems and alternatives and develop sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Perform PeopleSoft database and systems troubleshooting and tuning to resolve complex data and systems management, communication and interoperating problems.
- Assess customer needs, set priorities and allocate resources to most effectively meet needs in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement appropriate procedures and controls.
- Understand and apply functional requirements to the development of systems proposals, specifications and recommendations for cost effective information systems and technology solutions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to diverse audiences of technical and non-technical personnel, both orally and in writing.
Diverse Tech Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. Diverse Staffing is committed to providing jobs for veterans transitioning into civilian life. #157472