|Location||San Ramon, CA|
|Date Posted||November 6, 2020|
Manager IT Dev
Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Then come join the Application Technology and Innovations team at Robert Half Corporate and be part of a team that pushes the boundaries of what's possible with technology solutions.
Robert Half is a highly successful, $6.1 billion company with offices around the world. The Applications Technology and Innovations is a team of 450 highly skilled people who together build and support innovative technology solutions for Corporate back office users and Staffing Temps and Clients.
Robert Half is seeking an IT Applications Manager reporting directly to the Applications Director supporting North America HCM and Time solutions for our Staffing business. This manager will lead highly skilled Functional/Technical Architects, Software Engineers and Business Systems Analysts building new solutions within our PeopleSoft applications, custom API solutions in AWS, complex integrations, and auxiliary applications.
Our core products are highly customized Peoplesoft HCM, Payroll, Benefits and Time modules, and a completely custom application for Time entry, client approvals, back office management for our North America staffing business. In addition, the team owns APIs integrating PeopleSoft Time functionality with Robert Half Native Mobile App and in the near-future with a Salesforce-based web client.
Next year, our roadmap features a Tools Upgrade and migration of our ERP to the AWS cloud solution. In the next 3-4 years will plan and implement our next-gen application to replace PeopleSoft 9. Application solution for our corporate, field and external (candidate/client) users were and continues to be built on PeopleSoft, API integrations, Lambda, AWS, automation and many other tools for integration and file/documents transfers. Our team functions using SCRUM practices and is stringent on practices around ceremonies and architecture/design reviews.
We have a consistent track record of success in achieving a broad range of goals and timely delivery year after year. We have great leadership and individual contributor skills that have made our group successful and highly trusted by our business owners and IT partners. As a team, we are work-focused, cohesive, adaptable, and flexible with a positive attitude resulting in quantifiable results and wins. The team is encouraged to constantly evaluate and use new technologies/tools to adopt technological advances and make way for system efficiencies. We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset, and we embody a culture of recognition, caring, and involvement in company and community activities. We work hard but make the effort to enjoy a healthy work-life balance and fun while at work. We are looking for someone who can provide leadership, architectural knowledge, functional and technical guidance to the team, represent the team in collaboration with business groups, IT partners and senior leadership.
- Deliver reliable, scalable, and efficient applications managing all phases of the development life cycle, including requirements gathering, modeling & design, development, testing, deployment, integration, and documentation.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop solutions that accelerate cycle times, alleviate cumbersome manual processes, and ensure results are accurate.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to drive innovation.
- Earn Trust of Others. Engage with many internal teams, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals.
- Team oversight of assignments and capacity to deliver projects on-time and within budget.
- Engages with business owners and department counterparts, project delivery, scrum masters, project managers, and project sponsors in the business to:
- formulate acceptable delivery timelines
- discuss tactical and strategic objectives.
- understand, clarify, and document the objectives and success factors for business-based project initiatives.
- Collaborates and consults with IT management, architects, and business owners as appropriate in providing support during the solution delivery and application support phases.
- Participates in and leads project estimating efforts.
- Makes resource requirement and headcount recommendations based upon analysis and presents to management for final decisions.
- Collaborates with management of Production/Operations team in resolving production issues.
- Ensures new applications meet or exceed stated SLAs.
- Responsible for personnel actions, including hiring, onboarding, firing, promotion, development, discipline, and employee compensation.
- Provides coaching, guidance, mentoring to team members as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of Team Leadership, Supervisory or Management experience overseeing enterprise application development including:
- Formation and management of diverse teams (e.g. on-site & remote, employees, contingent workers)
- Handling hiring, promotions, performance evaluation, etc.
- Vendor management (SOWs, POs, etc.)
- Required: 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong preference for experience on AWS, Lambda and SQL
- Strong preference for applicants with experience in ERP/SaaS for HCM/Payroll/Time or extensive in-depth knowledge of multiple enterprise applications
- Ability to engage in detailed discussions with architects, engineers, and analysts, both at a high level (e.g. strategy, architecture and design) and low level (individual items of code and configuration)
- Experience in SCRUM methodology a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and apply good judgment.
Must be able to work within a team both as a leader and as a team member.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
You may apply for this position by email or regular mail. Please send your cover letter and resume to:
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP