|Date Posted||July 20, 2021|
Kentucky Community and Technical College System
Learning Management System Administrator
Open Date: 7/19/2021
Close Date: Open Until Filled
KCTCS is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity.
We actively encourage applications and/or nominations of persons of color, women,
veterans, persons with disabilities and other individuals.
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
The Learning Management System Administrator will be responsible for the technical administration for the Learning Management System (LMS) Blackboard Learn and collaboration with all KCTCS colleges to ensure the LMS remains continuously operational and capable of meeting system wide program goals. Duties include overseeing the day-to-day operation of Blackboard Learn, the KCTCS system wide LMS. Configure and modify Blackboard Learn to match KCTCS academic computing policies. Manage the planning, testing, and scheduling of new Blackboard Learn releases. System scripting and programming work associated with maintaining and expanding LMS system automation and integration with third-party systems. Will use LMS System Administrator expertise to troubleshoot complex user support problems and interact with vendor and other technical staff to plan and devise problem resolution. The Blackboard Systems Administrator supports course development projects including design, production, and testing of online courses and programs. This position works with key internal and external stakeholders across the higher education community to further the vision and plan for the application of the LMS.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the KCTCS Learning Management System. Works directly with the LMS hosting provider to ensure the LMS remains continuously operational. Coordinates and conducts planning, testing, and scheduling of new Blackboard Learn releases and system maintenance.
- Provides multi-tier support for all escalations received from Blackboard Student Services Helpdesk and The Technology Solutions Helpdesk. Works directly with the Blackboard Student Services Helpdesk to identify reoccurring and pattern issues and assists with knowledge base articles.
- Provides leadership and works with functional areas to implement enhancements to software by designing and testing new features, custom programs, and modifications of existing functionality
- Work with external vendors and functional areas to create and maintain new and existing integrations. Develops, manages, and coordinates integration of The Learning Management System with external systems (PeopleSoft, DSS, Qwickly, EesySoft, Starfish, Pearson, McGrawHill, Cengage, VoiceThread, etc.) to support system-wide initiatives and transformations. Coordinate with vendors to complete necessary software fixes, refreshes, upgrades, and planning for current and future initiatives.
- Serves as subject matter expert on technical issues. Represents Technology Solutions in workgroups, committees, focus groups, etc. for LMS product functionality. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related education) and six (6) years relevant experience or equivalent.
- Master’s degree and eight (8) years relevant experience or equivalent.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Initial review of applicants will begin on August 10, 2021
Position is open until filled - Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview
To apply, visit https://bit.ly/3dXunUH