|Location||San Ramon, CA|
|Date Posted||November 14, 2020|
Ref ID: 00340-0011615876
Classification: Manager of Applications Development
Our client is seeking an IT Applications Manager reporting directly to the Applications Director supporting North America HCM and Time solutions for our client’s business. This manager will lead highly skilled Functional/Technical Architects, Software Engineers, and Business Systems Analysts building new solutions within PeopleSoft applications, custom API solutions in AWS, complex integrations, and auxiliary applications.
Their core products are highly customized Peoplesoft HCM, Payroll, Benefits and Time modules, and a completely custom application for Time entry, client approvals, back-office management for their North American business. In addition, the team owns APIs integrating PeopleSoft Time functionality with the company’s Native Mobile App and in the near future with a Salesforce-based web client.
Next year, their roadmap features a Tools Upgrade and migration of our ERP to the AWS cloud solution. In the next 3-4 years will plan and implement our next-gen application to replace PeopleSoft 9. Application solution for their corporate, field and external users were and continues to be built on PeopleSoft, API integrations, Lambda, AWS, automation, and many other tools for integration and file/documents transfers. Their team functions using SCRUM practices and is stringent on practices around ceremonies and architecture/design reviews.
- Deliver reliable, scalable, and efficient applications managing all phases of the development life cycle, including requirements gathering, modeling & design, development, testing, deployment, integration, and documentation.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop solutions that accelerate cycle times, alleviate cumbersome manual processes, and ensure results are accurate.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to drive innovation.
- Earn Trust of Others. Engage with many internal teams, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals.
- Team oversight of assignments and capacity to deliver projects on-time and within budget.
- Engages with business owners and department counterparts, project delivery, scrum masters, project managers, and project sponsors in the business to:
formulate acceptable delivery timelines
discuss tactical and strategic objectives.
understand, clarify, and document the objectives and success factors for business-based project initiatives.
-Collaborates and consults with IT management, architects, and business owners as appropriate in providing support during the solution delivery and application support phases.
-Participates in and leads project estimating efforts.
-Makes resource requirements and headcount recommendations based upon analysis and presents to management for final decisions.
-Collaborates with management of Production/Operations team in resolving production issues.
-Ensures new applications meet or exceed stated SLAs.
-Responsible for personnel actions, including hiring, onboarding, firing, promotion, development, discipline, and employee compensation.
-Provides coaching, guidance, mentoring to team members as appropriate.