|Date Posted||October 26, 2020|
IT Applications Manager
Job Number: 2020-35
Classification: Manager/Program Manager
Closes: Sunday, November 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Information Technology Department
Exempt, Full Benefits
$37.51- $52.51/hour ($78,022-$109,222/year), depending on qualifications
Under the general direction of the Information Technology (IT) Director, the Applications Manager provides technical leadership for software development life cycle and establishes and administers the overall strategies and procedures for the Applications Division in the IT Department. This manager works with various department heads to determine software requirements and meets with management to discuss how business applications and security requirements can achieve business objectives. The Applications Manager supports City leadership with creating strategic plans to accomplish technical and business objectives, recommends and assists in the development of the strategic vision, goals and objectives for the division, and plays an important role securing City applications.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Manages the Application Division within the IT Department, which includes program management, project portfolio management and supervision.
- Performs project management, provides guidance to technical teams and engages in direct technical work as required to support central applications, including but not limited to PeopleSoft HCM, PeopleSoft FSCM, Laserfiche and other enterprise applications.
- Assesses existing application security practices, conducts application security reviews and deploys secure management strategies for contract review and inclusion of necessary security controls.
For the complete Applications Manager/ Manager-Program Manager job descriptions, please see the City’s classification page: https://www.springfield-or.gov/city/human-resources/classifications-pay-scales/
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with course work in computer languages and programming, management of information systems, or related field and;
- A minimum of 5 or more years of experience demonstrating progressive responsibility in managing the application lifecycle.
- 1-2 years of program and/or personnel management experience.
Any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education and experience may be considered qualifying.
Preferences may be given for experience, knowledge or training certification:
- Oracle PeopleSoft PeopleTools
- Oracle PeopleSoft PeopleCode
- Microsoft Cloud Solution Development
- Application/Information Security
- Project Management: PMI or Similar
Licenses and Certifications:
• Valid Oregon Driver’s License by time of appointment
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at https://www.springfield-or.gov/city/human-resources/careers/ to learn more about this job posting and how to apply.