|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Position Title: HR Processing and Records Support Specialist
Position Number: 366470
Location: Austin, TX 78701
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
Case Management, MAC OS, PeopleSoft
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Job Title: HR Processing and Records Support Specialist
Location: Austin, TX
Start Date: 05/15/2021
End Date: 11/15/2021
As a member of the Client’s People Team, you’ll help support our most important resource: our people. Together, we will search the world to build our collective of talented visionaries and inventors. All the while, your efforts will maintain the Client as the most innovative company by striving to make us the most diverse — open to all people, all backgrounds, and all perspectives. And that’s just the beginning, because throughout the client employees’ careers, you will continue to help them grow expertly and support them in work and life.
Join our People Team and help support the extraordinary talent it takes to make extraordinary products.
We directly impact the employee experience every day through providing expert, connected support to all the client’s employees around the world.
We are a dynamic team responsible for data and records management of multiple countries across the globe and based in Austin, TX. We align business needs and regulatory requirements to manage employment data and documents, process complex data updates, and maintain file storage. We process and maintain business essential records.
• You’re an expert when it comes to data review and management, compliance assurance, and multi-tasking.
• Your creativity enables you to independently determine solutions related to complex data and file usage.
• Getting to know people is something you enjoy and you use this talent to build partnerships and communicate clear and relevant guidance. You have the ability to do this independently while promoting open communication and teamwork.
• You have an eye for identifying potential risks and ability to negotiate when needed to maintain accurate and compliant standards across the region for both data and documentation.
• Navigating ambiguity doesn’t make you uncomfortable, you see it as an opportunity to demonstrate your curiosity through applying known rules and asking questions. This leads to a clear and documented path to results.
• You contribute directly to the success of the team through case management, utilizing established practices, and leveraging partnerships to successfully support business needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 1 year experience data and document management
• Experience with HRIS systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, Workday, etc.)
• Experience with Mac OS preferred