|Date Posted||July 17, 2019|
HCM PeopleSoft Developer/Lead
Downtown Chicago IL
Long Term Contract
Our client, a Global Financial Services Institution is in the market for a Contract HCM PeopleSoft Developer/Lead. For more information please contact Sourja Sen at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
The role requires strong technical project management skills along with excellent communication skills. This individual must be able to work independently. The role requires strong PeopleSoft analysis and design skills. This candidate needs to be a self-starter.
Under general supervision, this role is responsible for evaluating new techniques, practices, or technologies that meet the corporation's strategic HR goals.
The individual should have strong technical, programming and troubleshooting skills. The ideal candidate should have 10 + years of PeopleSoft HCM systems experience and are proficient in at least 2 of the following core HCM functionalities.
• North American Payroll
• Time and Labor
• Performance Management
• Core HCM
Clearly communicates with systems and partners at all levels about new processes and recommendations.
Acts as a technical consultant to other partners and coordinates the implementation of new processes and techniques.
• Conducts feasibility studies, and defines and designs system requirements for complex data processing projects.
• Develops or maintains computer programs including designing, coding, testing, debugging, and installation as needed.
• Prepares project phase reports, including requirements, feasibility, definition and design.
• Consults with partners from systems and other business units regarding new techniques, practices, or technologies in data processing and the impact of proposed and ongoing projects.
• Evaluates and makes recommendations on techniques, practices or technologies that would enhance business needs. Also ensures continuous process improvements.
• Acts as the technical or business consultant on project development/production health, new techniques and the implementation of new processes.
• Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor Analyst level employees.
• More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas.
• Provides estimates for project technical effort.
• Serves as technical lead on small projects and oversees portions or large upgrade projects.
• Creates technical specifications and oversees development done by offshore team.
• Delivers a work product that requires less revision, meeting the end user requirements and moves to production with few or no errors.
Knowledge of programming languages and various business applications, usually acquired through related experience, is required to support all project phases.
Knowledge of programming, debugging, and testing system programs is required to develop or maintain computer programs.
Analytical and problem solving skills are needed for systems guidance.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work independently and deliver projects on time are necessary to excel in this position.
Strong PeopleSoft Development skills
Application Designer, PeopleCode, SQR, Integration Broker, Change Assistant , Oracle SQL, STAT
Desired -Java Script, HTML, CSS, SQL development skills and excellent troubleshooting skills are required
- Training and Development
- Programs led by SME's and cover topics ranging from technical training's to career development
- Including: Healthcare, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, and 401(k)
- Access to various discount programs as a member of the Apex family
- Strong Connections
- Our deep relationships with Fortune 50, Fortune 500, and Fortune 1000 clients provide access to tens of thousands of new job openings per year in all major industries.
- Support Network
- A strong network of Apex Recruiters, Support Services, and Contractor Care Representatives will stay in constant contact.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178