|Date Posted||March 15, 2021|
The Finance Security and Systems Analyst reports to the General Ledger Systems and Management Information System Administrator and is responsible for the administration of finance systems security access, development of analytical reports and technical solutions for complex financial business processes. This position requires interaction with many academic and financial areas of the campus and colleagues of the University of Massachusetts President’s Office (UITS, UPST, UIA, etc.).
Examples of Duties:
- Serve as the data custodian for all finance system access including but not limited to PeopleSoft, UMPlan, Summit and BuyWays.
- Define and ensure consistent assignment and usage of security roles and permission lists across the campus.
- Review security requests for completeness and appropriateness and forwards to the campus IT security administrator for access execution.
- Coordinate removal of security access for staff departing the institution and updates for staff transferring within the organization.
- Conduct analytical review of security access across all components of the financial system.
- Researches, diagnoses and resolves various security access issues.
- Assists in the design, implementation and maintenance of Controller Office electronic form processes.
- Maintain all relevant finance security email distribution lists.
- Create & maintain job aids and documentation related to finance security business processes.
- Ensure the Controller Office website is updated with finance security related forms and documents in a timely manner.
- Participate in the execution and analysis of the annual finance security review process.
- Identify and coordinate signatory updates for departmental delegation of spending authority
- Serve as campus representative to University Information Technology Services (UITS) for financial system security access.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Controller and GL Systems & MIS Administrator.
- Education - Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, Accounting/Finance with a high level of computer literacy, or commensurate degree and/or experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in business systems and/or financial operations
- Proven ability to document business processes, both technical and operational
- Expertise in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, financial operations, auditing practices, system integrity and quality controls.
- Proven skills in designing and developing analytical reports to support financial operation
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.