|Date Posted||May 29, 2021|
At Houston Methodist, the ERP Senior Business Analyst is responsible for analysis, functional documentation, configuration, maintenance, testing, and support for complex PeopleSoft business applications through upgrades, new releases, and optimization implementations. This position utilizes critical thinking, attention to detail, and effective communication skills. The position works collaboratively with teams to consult with business area leads and analyze issues to generate solution recommendations. Acts in a lead role over assigned module and serves as liaison for business areas. The ERP Senior (Sr.) Business Analyst also acts as a project manager for multiple projects, and makes recommendations for assignments of more junior analysts. The ERP Sr. Business Analyst provides training and education to more junior analysts and business owners. Serves as a mentor to more junior analysts.
The position utilizes subject matter expertise in PeopleSoft functional areas of Finance/Supply Chain with experience in business, healthcare and technology projects. The incumbent actively supports, develops and advances the Methodist's PeopleSoft Finance/Supply Chain application. The ERP Sr. Business Analyst facilitates requirements gathering sessions to understand and document complex business needs, often eliciting hidden requirements and/or clarifying vague or unclear requirements. Analyzes business operations and processes to understand strengths and weaknesses.
- Ideal candidate will possess support/implementation experience in PeopleSoft eProcurement, Purchasing, Accounts Payable modules and related processes
- Candidate should be able to describe the flow of purchasing transactions through the system and be conversational on subject areas like Sourcing, Matching, Pay Cycle
- Strong SQL skills and the ability to troubleshoot some degree of technical issues is a plus
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25%
- Takes a lead role in system implementations. Utilizes leadership and project managements skills to gather support from stakeholders to ensure project success. (EF)
- Provides feedback in interviewing process for potential team members.(EF)
- Provides training and mentoring for team members through formal and informal methods on new functionalities. (EF)
- Takes a lead role in triaging incidents and ensures issues are resolved by appropriate team members. (EF)
SERVICE - 25%
- Utilizes strong communication skills through active collaboration with the customers, proactive updates and alerts customers to potential issues. (EF)
- Partners with customers and team members to translate complex business requirements into viable solutions, identifying potential benefits, and re-engineering workflow processes to achieve anticipated benefits. (EF)
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships and effectively manages client expectations. Defines service level agreements. (SLAs) (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
- Partners with the Project Management Office to support all phases of project implementation and ensure success. (EF)
- Develops and validates PeopleSoft solutions leveraging expert PeopleSoft knowledge and best practices. Considers business implications on related systems and subsystems. Leads monitoring of SLAs with key customers.(EF).
- Develop detailed system test plans, execute system test cases and provide issue tracking and consolidation. Manages a coordinated User Acceptance Test (UAT) effort. (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
- Makes recommendations on cost and resource allocation on assigned projects, delegation and evaluation of work effort. (EF)
- Contributes to budget planning process through discovery and analysis of future projects. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
- Supports an environment that encourages innovation, continuous improvement and growth. Identifies opportunities for innovation and process improvement and seeks out opportunities for implementation. (EF)
- Ensures consistency as changes in process, tools, and overall practice is developed, with a focus on continued integration and overall system benefit. (EF)
- Provides innovative support for custom information technology needs throughout the organization. Serves as an agent of change to identify and execute new opportunities for business and capitalize on technology.(EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business or related field
- Five years experience in PeopleSoft business system analysis,requirement gathering and documentation.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED