|Location||West Columbia, SC|
|Date Posted||May 23, 2021|
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 557-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, 'Summit Award' from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, 'Consumer Choice Award' from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina’s “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.
This role will focus primarily on design, build, development and maintenance for Kronos Workforce Central/Dimension comprising of Enhancements, Conversions, Timekeeping and Scheduling Configuration, Absent Management, Time Clock Profiles, file feeds, Integration, and Workflow objects. A strong understanding of Kronos Workforce Central is required to include Scheduler, Timekeeper and Integration Manager. An understanding of the application architecture, including infrastructure, database table structure, design standards, protocols, and delivered objects is preferred.
Formulates and defines specifications for business requirements, functional designs and information architectural specifications. Develops, modifies and maintains code implementations and integration with PeopleSoft HRMS and FSCM modules as well as other corporate systems that support business strategy and requirements. Fully understand the software development life cycle.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree (area of Computer Sciences preferred) and 8 years of programming experience
- OR 10 years programming experience
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high degree of professionalism
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead small or mid-size application deployment/upgrade project
- Must be willing to obtain applicable certifications
- Presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- In depth functional knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM, Kronos, Finance, and/or Supply Chain Management application
- Proven experience with software development and maintenance, database systems, client/server and internet architecture concepts, reporting tools and use of personal computers and common desktop applications
- Mandatory Skills for all levels except Entry:
- Application Designer
- App Engine
- BI Publisher
- Application Packages
- Component Interface
- Integration Broker
- Change Assistant
- Data Mover
- Tree Manager
- Process Scheduler
- Approval Workflow Engine (AWE)/Approval Framework
- Security Administration and all other technical aspects of the PeopleSoft environment.
- Development experience in a PeopleSoft environment required.
- Oracle database platform experience with SQL and/or PL/SQL knowledge required.
- Understanding of the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA) is a must.
- Provides technical and application support to IS staff and end-users for Business System related issues.
- Provides application support by identification and resolution of system problems, providing in-service training as required.
- Develops documentation to support system implementations, program modifications and customizations including development of manuals, system diagrams and process flow charts according to department standards. Translates functional requirements and procedures into well-implemented business solutions.
- Develops/Updates programs conforming to an established internal or vendor recommended programming standards.
- Utilizes in-depth understanding and knowledge of workflows, policies, and procedures, business processes, regulatory requirements and best practices to :
- Analyze existing practices by facilitating communication, cooperation and information from key users, ensuring patient safety and consistent practices throughout the organization.
- Design, redesign and analyze processes and apply knowledge to build software application.
- Contribute to the preparation of testing scripts and participates in testing for implementation, upgrades, and fixes. Performs unit, system and integrated testing tasks.
- Serves as project champion to promote the integration of technology into the clinical setting.
- Participates and supports project and team goals, objectives and timelines working with a sense of urgency and accuracy to ensure effective implementation
- Documents needs assessments, processes, system requirements, change management, and user training materials to ensure successful communication to both technical team and the end user.
- Coordinates system acquisition and implementation of assigned applications, including hardware and software.
- Manages system set up and implementation
- Monitors system performance
- Provides ongoing user support and training, when applicable, paying keen attention to user needs and opportunities to offer solutions and modify processes to improve patient care and related efficiencies.
- Documents support calls and manages ongoing issue
- Participate in on call rotation
- Participates in short, medium and long range system planning
- Attends continuing education courses, seminars and conferences to keep abreast of Information Technology developments
- Participates in the development and management of Policies & Procedures, including contingency plans related to HR/Financial Systems implementation and use.
- Follows “Service Excellence” guidelines
- Performs related and such other duties as may be assigned by authorized personnel or as required in an emergency, e.g., fire or disaster
Duties & Responsibilities
Level 3 – Senior
- Facilitate and drive to the collaboration with end users, business areas, IT, vendors and leadership to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate system processes
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level data into details, abstract up from low level data to general understanding and distinguish user request from underlying true needs.
- Assists in software selection and evaluates emerging technologies, staying abreast of best practices.
- Plans, participates, implements and communicates; may lead and direct work activities of others in the planning and preparation of go-live implementation as well as projects, updates, patches, and other routine maintenance.
- Utilizes technical expertise to strengthen the knowledge and skills of related team members
- Escalates to appropriate vendor support personnel on system problems or issues
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee’s desires and abilities and the hospital’s needs.