|Location||San Ramon, CA|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2021|
Business Systems Analyst II
Looking to leverage your technical and operational experience? Looking for a challenge? Want to work in a fast paced environment? Interested in learning different PeopleSoft 9.0 modules, from Finance to Human Resources?
By joining Robert Half’s Corporate Services Staffing Business Systems department as a Business Systems Analyst II, you will use your operational expertise to analyze, acquire and document business requirements, work with IT BSA’s to review and approve designs, lead users through user acceptance testing, and ensure a smooth transition into production.
This position provides you not only with the opportunity to work on projects covering PeopleSoft Financials modules (Billing, Cash/AR, Credit), but also includes the core suite of PeopleSoft HCM modules (Payroll, Benefits, Time and Labor). In addition, you will interact and communicate with various levels of technical and business stakeholders, from subject matter experts and managers to executives, ensuring stakeholder buy-in throughout your assigned projects.
As a Business Systems Analyst II, your specific responsibilities include:
- Review, analyze and refine business requests and ad hoc requirements, formulating system solutions to parallel overall business strategies.
- Identify, analyze, and develop business requirements for proposed projects, including but not limited to, data and process flows, application design and usability.
- Translate customer’s needs into business requirement documents that can be presented to management, customers, development teams and vendors.
- Consider impact to current and future business environments and processes, assessing upstream & downstream effect of system and reporting changes.
- Consult with various subject matter experts from RH business units, Field Accounting staff, branch locations, Field Service Center personnel, clients, users, or others to obtain business requirements as required.
- Works with manager and/or Sr. Business Systems Analysts to deliver requirements.
- Review and provide input on IT functional designs related to assigned areas.
- Perform analysis on change management and presents findings to management.
- Function as liaison between IT departments and business to ensure effective delivery of system changes.
- Coordinate, monitor and support the activities of cross functional groups, the field and others involved in the user acceptance testing phase of the project life-cycle.
- Perform intake of issues, validate and coordinate with IT for bug fix and retest.
- Obtain migration approvals from executive management.
- Develop user acceptance test plans associated with a variety of projects. The plans should include use cases, cross-team coordination requirements, data requirements, scenarios, timing considerations and expected results.
- Develop and maintain training and support materials used to educate the user community on changes made to business applications and processes.
- Support, coordinate and/or facilitate the training of users throughout the RHI and Protiviti organizations.
- Provide support, including researching and resolving production issues in accordance with established service levels.
- Troubleshoot issues by performing data analysis, database level SQL queries, and researching coded functionality.
- Analyze, diagnose, define action and recommend, or as appropriate, work with IT to implement bug fixes and/or configuration changes.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or MIS).
- 4+ years’ demonstrated experience in business systems analysis & design.
- 3+ years’ of ERP requirements, design, testing and implementation experience with one or more of the following PeopleSoft modules (version 8.4 or greater) is required: Payroll, Benefits (Ben Admin), HR, Time & Labor, Billing, AR.
- General knowledge of SQL and understanding of or experience using relational database structures, and client server applications is desired.
- Accounting experience is helpful.
- In depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows applications, Microsoft Office including: MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Power Point.
- Experience with reporting tools such as MS Access and Microsoft Project is helpful.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to communicate/present information to employees on all levels and in small or large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to identify solutions to problems, listen actively, exercise sound judgment to make decisions.
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships, work independently and with others.
- Investigate problems or gaps through research or probing, make recommendations and prepare proposals, multi-task, meet deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
You may apply for this position by email or regular mail. Please send your cover letter and resume to:
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP