|Date Posted||June 25, 2019|
Business Information Analyst
Administrative Information Systems
The Williams College Office for Information Technology seeks an experienced Business Information Analyst for the Administrative Information Systems (AIS) team. Reporting to the Director of AIS, this position will support the effective use of the College's administrative enterprise applications in Human Resources and other offices.
The AIS team supports the effective use of information technology in the administration of the College. We work closely with business process owners to determine needs, manage implementation projects, and maintain applications to ensure ease of use, reliable operation and secure access.
Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty and staff. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Applicants should also highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse community.
- Work closely with staff in Human Resources to ensure the enterprise systems they use are reliable, secure and meet their business needs and objectives, including recruitment, talent management, benefits and compensation for faculty, staff, and students
- Work with College staff, faculty and students to understand their information technology-related challenges and help find solutions
- Prioritize and manage projects from multiple stakeholders
- Design, develop, test, document and implement applications and integrations
- Assist with data management, reporting and data visualization
- Learn information technology concepts quickly and apply them productively
- Explain information technology concepts clearly for non-technical audiences
- Train college community members in the effective use of information technology
- Create and maintain functional and technical documentation
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Significant experience with software development & maintenance
- Significant experience with SQL and relational databases
- Ability to collaborate with staff, faculty and students
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate technical information and ideas so others will understand
- Ability to provide exceptional support and project management
- Experience with Human Resources business needs
- Experience with HCM software, PeopleSoft applications and/or Oracle databases
- Experience working in higher education
Review of resumes will begin July 21, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.