|Location||Saint Paul, MN|
|Date Posted||December 24, 2020|
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a Business Analyst for a contract position in St. Paul, MN. Opportunity will be one year with a strong chance for a long-term extension.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, business process models, independent business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Document requirements specifications and business rules using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely. Represent requirements using alternative views, such as process models (diagrams), diagrams, or scenarios, where appropriate.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specifying an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements.
- Identify and document business processes; define quality attributes, integration criteria to external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Translate business requirements to System/Functional specifications, and pass them on to Application Developers.
- Coordinate Business Validation to verify that a set of end-to-end business processes function as intended.
- Gather and document requirements related error handling, description, and notifications.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Develop an analysis/work plan for completing the requirements.
- Participate in the system design phase and serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the Payment Process requirements.
- Work with the project manager in managing the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and ensuring it reflects the project's scope.
- Provide regular analysis progress reports on work completed, upcoming activities, and estimated time to completion.
- Facilitate the coordination and resolution of questions, issues, and roadblocks that are identified during the analysis and design phase.
- Provide knowledge transfer.
- Seven (7) years' experience Business Analyst role
- A Master's degree substitutes for three years of experience, or a Bachelor's degree substitutes for two years, or an Associate's degree substitutes for one year
- Two (2) engagements lasting more than 6 months in a Business Analyst role on a financial transaction/payment processing system
- One (1) engagement integrating internal applications with an external system
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- General ledger mapping experience
- Financial transaction processing experience (i.e. workflows, generating financial transaction documents, invoicing, etc.)
- Business Analyst Certification (IIBA certification or equivalent)
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!