|Date Posted||January 18, 2020|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
About Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About Wells Fargo Technology
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer within the Wells Fargo Technology organization, supporting PeopleSoft finance and accounting applications. The candidate will collaborate with business partners to understand and translate highly complex functional requirements into technical and configuration designs that seek to leverage delivered capabilities where possible and extend those capabilities with customizations where necessary. This resource will act as a lead technical
subject matter expert in support of other software engineers.
- Actively participate in requirements gathering by working with business partners on a daily basis.
- Thoroughly understand business terminology and translate complex business requirements into functional and technical designs.
- Analyze new project requests and assist with the impact assessment and technical estimation.
- Lead large project initiatives by identifying deliverables and organizing them into units of work.
- Design application data architecture and provide application support by analyzing complex data scenarios.
- Design, develop and support finance and accounting systems based on PeopleSoft Financials packaged software.
- Provide technical leadership for the Loan Accounting application.
- Assist with the application transformation to use agile development principles and best practices.
- Assist QA and support teams in building appropriate test cases and troubleshooting production issues.
- Acts in the highest level technical role as an individual contributor and/or team lead for the most complex computer applications and/or application initiatives.
- Utilizes a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs.
- Works on the most complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors.
- Plans, performs, and acts as the escalation point for the most complex platform designs, coding, and testing.
- Leads most complex multiple modeling, simulations, and analysis efforts.
- Acts as expert technical resource to programming staff in the program development, testing, and implementation process.
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 10+ years of PeopleSoft experience
- 10+ years of information technology systems design and planning experience; in data, systems, applications, or architecture
- 10+ years of experience supporting finance or accounting functions
- 10+ years of SQL experience
- 5+ years of experience leading the requirement design process with both technical and business partners
- 5+ years of treasury experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage accounting
- Ability to drive the requirements process with both technical and business partners
- Experience analyzing business requirements and transforming those requirements into business rules
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of technology performance: requirements and designing highly scalable solutions
- Cash management experience
- 5+ years of Oracle experience
- 5+ years of Autosys experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
Other Desired Qualifications
Experience working on PeopleSoft Treasury Workstation and Loan Accounting.
Experience working on PeopleSoft Financials.
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.