|Date Posted||November 21, 2020|
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Support Analyst II
About this job
Are you ready to be a part of digital transformation for a growing company? Are you ready for success? Be empowered to create yours and share in ours! Join the CarMax Financial Systems team as an Analyst II at our Home Office in Richmond, VA.
As a Analyst II, you will carry out primary technical support and tactical / enhancement development activities for our third party financial applications such as PeopleSoft as well as in-house developed data integration to other applications in the enterprise. You will have opportunity to learn new technologies such as Microsoft Azure and other cloud technical environments as we transition from Peoplesoft to a new ERP.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and supporting software with good SQL and troubleshooting skills in a Production-oriented environment.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to all Financial Systems at CarMax, with a PeopleSoft-centrix infrastructure. This infrastructure includes (70+) interfaces that encompass other technologies such as GlobalScape EFT, Windows and Linux scripts / servers, and RDBMS’s that include Oracle, MS SQL Server, Sybase and Teradata.
- Evaluation of user requests for new or modified functionality to our financial systems, to determine technical feasibility, cost and time required, and compatibility with current systems.
- Utilizing the development lifecycle for gathering requirements, documenting the design, developing the solution, system testing, through production release.
- Gaining an understanding of the business processes, in order to provide more relevant solutions to the business.
- Independently drive tasks and projects to successful completion through effective project management, customer interaction, and IT coordination.
- Taking part in level 3 support of these financial systems, to include participating in the On Call rotation as necessary. Support activities can also include providing user and peer assistance, resolving complex production issues, developing creative solutions to reoccurring issues, and automating existing system support functions to reduce manual support efforts required to maintain and monitor these systems.
Purpose of the role
The associate in this role will interact with business users and at the home office to resolve technical issues. The associate will translate new business requirements into customizations to the Peoplesoft code base and other technologies such as Globalscape EFT and Oracle / SQL Server / Sybase / Teradata SQL and stored procedures. This role will involve interact with Windows and Linux servers to manipulate scripts that control scheduled processes.
Technical Qualifications / Requirements
- Strong SQL skills including experience with one or more of the following: MS SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, and Teradata database technologies
- Linux and/or Windows scripting and process execution
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Proven ability to develop and deliver software solutions
- Proven ability to support and resolve issues in high-volume systems in an On Call environment
- Ability to embrace change
- Ability to express opinions and innovative ideas while treating others with respect
- Ability to challenge others and the status quo appropriately
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization and collaborate with other departments and teams
- Ability to serve as a “go-to” person for the team as needed
- Ability to think logically and conduct root cause analysis
- Ability to take the time necessary to make the right choice; does so quickly if needed
- Ability to identify potential issues and present solutions; partner on major decisions as appropriate
- Ability to consider long- and short-term impact of decisions
- Ability to train, support and provide guidance to other associates
Other Preferred Skills / Experience
- Education preference: 4 year degree in IT-related course of study or relative experience
- Some level of technical certifications
- Accounting / Finance business process, systems and ERP toolsets
- Experience with SQL queries, stored procedures, SQL tuning, table and index creation, and SSIS packages
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft or other ERP Financial Modules (GL, AP, AR, AP, Asset Management, Purchasing, and eProcurement) a plus
- PeopleTools development experience preferred (PeopleCode, Application Engine, SQR, Integration Broker) a plus
- Minimum of 3+ years of business experience, including 2 years of successful delivery and support of Peoplesoft customizations and other automation technology solutions
- Web Services, WCF and/or ASP.NET (Web API)
- Microsoft Azure familiarity
About CarMax (DO NOT UPDATE)
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.